XtreamDownloader - VOD file & VOD STRM export from Live TV provider

Senna

XtreamDownloader, a direct DOWNLOAD and EXPORT tool (Win7-Win10) for IPTV VOD, to be used with IPTV providers who uses Xtream Codes.

Especially made for users who want to use IPTV VOD DIRECTLY in Emby, so they can use all the library options in Emby, like WATCHED status and RESUME points with Video On Demand from their IPTV provider.

UPDATE:

Until further notice, this tool is end of life.

https://torrentfreak.com/xtream-codes-iptv-system-targeted-in-massive-police-operation/

Edited by Senna
  • Like 2

People who would like to test already can download the latest version here. I haven't added a installation yet - it is meant to be as portable as can be, so you can put it on a usb drive and use it everywhere you want. Maybe i will add a install later - but for now it comes as it is. It is stable now - it have been tested by me, @@Senna and some other people, so most bug's are already fixed.

If you like to buy a license - it is a lifetime license, i dont know how much versions of the tool will be made - but when anyone has a good idea i will try to add it to the tool.

If there are any questions - don't hesitate to ask them, i will try to answer as soon as possible. When u find a bug, please send me a email through the contact in the "help" menu item, and i will update the tool with the bugfix a.s.a.p.

(Also - i forgot to mention @@Senna - but without him i wouldnt have made this tool, and without his testing and help it wouldnt be as good as it is now :) )

People who wish to buy a license, the price is 10 euro's. Payments are availible through paypal.

Edited by ERD
  • Like 1

Hi.  Downloaded trial just to test it out and I put it in my Program Files folder.  When I run it I cannot exit the program because it complains that it cannot write to its .ini file and then will not exit.

I'm sure it is a permissions issue that would be solved by running as admin (or putting in a different location) but you might consider saving the .ini file in a location other than the binary and also allowing the program to still exit when this error occurs.

Thanks.

• Like 1

Thanks - i know this is a limitation, as i already said - i wanted it to be portable, thats why there is no installation yet. That's why i store the ini files in the application directory, so you can keep your settings when using it on a usb flash drive - where you would have to re-set all the settings and quick connect accounts, if i would place them in a different location.

I am working on a new feature that allows loading local m3u files also (especially vader streams m3u files) - for converting / exporting to strm files.

Eventually i will be creating 2 downloads, 1 with an installer and saving settings and accounts to the registry, and a portable version.

Edited by ERD

I have been working on a new M3U file parser that is compatible with Vader Streams VOD M3U Files, and i finally finished it. I added it to the tool, so that people with Vader Streams can export their VOD M3U file to strm files. In the trial there is a 5 groups and 5 streams per group limit. If you buy a license, you can export the complete M3U with all streams.

Wizard step 1 (Select M3U file and Export folder):

5bfcb3c27c6a6_Vader1.jpg

Wizard Step 2 (Select groups to export):
5bfcb45edebaf_Vader2.jpg

Wizard Step 3 (Progress):

5bfcb48ccd96a_Vader3.jpg

This function "might" work with other Providers M3U files, but i haven't tested it. I have tested it with Vader Streams VOD M3U files.

I didnt add a load from URL, because i noticed the Vader Streams servers are verry slow - even downloading the VOD M3U file (6.5mb) took me 4 minutes, so i leave that to the user.

Edited by ERD
  • Like 1

This function "might" work with other Providers M3U files, but i haven't tested it. I have tested it with Vader Streams VOD M3U files.

Yes, other providers M3U seems to work too now, for STRM export, when using local M3U's with the "Vader to STRM" option.

Good job :-D

• Like 1

Okay, but you shouldn't allow the failure to save the .ini file make it impossible (other than a task manager kill) to exit the app :).

• Like 1

I will fix it thank you :)

I also made a installation build. For the people who do not want to use it as a portable application, but like to have it installed. This build has some little changes, like saving accounts and settings to the registry (HKCU), i also changed the update method in this build. This will download the setup file and run it as update, so when u press update - you don't have to select a download directory and replace the files yourself.

I will keep the portable version updated too - so people can choose to use the portable version and the install version. I will add new functions to it soon, maybe a command line strm converter and some more usefull functions.

The install version can be downloaded here.

5bfd565ea1930_setup1.jpg

5bfd566f6c065_Setup2.jpg

5bfd567a89f62_Setup3.jpg

5bfd568770f0b_Setup4.jpg

5bfd5692293d5_Setup5.jpg

5bfd56a391582_Setup6.jpg

• Like 1

I added a new small tool for converting M3U to STRM files. This is a command-line tool, if you do not know what command-line tools are, or how they work you probably shouldnt be using it, and use the functions in the Xtream Downloader.

This tool is ment to be a "help" tool for advanced users :)It allows you to automate the exporting to STRM files of your VOD part of your M3U.

Limitations:

- Only availible for registered licensed users.

Functions:

- Support most M3U formats (Including Vader Streams! and Xtream-Codes compatible providers)

- Command line tool, you can create a batch script to run it, run it from the registry on Windows startup, or use it with the Task Planner.

- Convert local M3U file to STRM files

- Convert remote M3U file (URL) to STRM files

- Advanced settings through ini file.

This tool will not replace existing STRM files unless you set the -overwrite parameter. You can use the -settings parameter to set a configuration file, where you declare which groups to export to what directory. You can also use the -output parameter, and export all streams to one directory. There is a parameter for checking file extentions (.mkv, .mp4, .avi), for supporting Xtream-Codes compatible providers - where the stream url's have the container extentions.

I added a readme for the tool, you can find the tool in the installation folder, the parameters are also in the readme file - and will show when the program is run without parameters. The program logs to Appdata\Local\Roaming. The program works silent - this means it will not show any error messages, so you will have to check the Logfile if you have any problems.

This is a tool for advanced users, and is availible for registered users. So if you already bought a license - just re-download through the download links above.

5bfdd7874b365_strmcommand.jpg

If you need help, find bugs - just let me know and ill try to help :)  If you are not familiar with the command line - please use the xtream Downloader Tool.

I added the tool in 2 versions, a portable version that works with the settings.ini file - and a install version (reads license info from registry).

- Fixed support for Vader Streams in the command line tool. Tested and working good!

Edited by ERD
  • Like 1

Update version 1.0.0.42:

- Fixed bug where trayicon is not showing on startup - even if minimize to tray is checked.

New Feature:

- I added a wizard helper for the Command-line tool. This makes configuring the command-line tool easier, also you can create the settings.ini file realy simple with this wizard. 

- Extended logging in command-line tool (Log output to AppData\Local\Roaming\ERD Xtream Downloader). If the command line tool can't load from URL, or local file, can't find the set groups, can't create the strm file or can not create a directory, and informational logging.

5bff50ad7c9d5_1.jpg

5bff50bd402e6_2.jpg

5bff50cba2352_3.jpg

Edited by ERD
  • Like 1

This latest update with the Command-line tool helper was really "THE CHERRY on THE CAKE", so thanks @@ERD

Got everything AUTOMATED now with the Task Scheduler and the Commandline-tool, so when my IPTV provider adds VOD, STRM Files are generated at my Task Schedule and placed automatically in my Emby libraries, so PERFECT... makes life easier, because NO manual action has to be done ANYMORE, getting STRM into Emby Libraries :D

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Sorry for the late response - but no theres not a version for the mac unforunately - i dont own a mac myself and i would need one to compile on xcode.

• 3 weeks later...
IkeTaylor11

For more information on the tool, a Export to STRM tutorial to get you started, or more information on other tools, go to my new website: ERDesigns

Any chance you can get the command line tool working for the Vaders URL? When i try to use the URL it says that it cant find any groups. 

• 2 weeks later...

OK, did some testing and looks promising. however I do get a lot of these errors:

Playback Error
No compatible streams are currently available. Please try again later or contact your system administrator for details.

Any indeas what this could mean, Is it that the stream is just unavailable from the provider?
I export to strm BTW
Edited by Goldrol

Playback Error

No compatible streams are currently available. Please try again later or contact your system administrator for details.

Any indeas what this could mean, Is it that the stream is just unavailable from the provider?

I export to strm BTW

When strm are added to your Emby Library, only Emby clients that support Direct Play, can play those streams directly when played for the FIRST time.

If you have played it on an Emby Direct Play client, Media Info is probed by Emby and registered in your library.

After that is done, you can play the same media on Emby clients that don't support Direct Play, because Emby server can now use the Media Info that is probed before, so it knows how what to use to transcode the media to your non Direct Play Emby clients.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
skywise

I just tried the trial and it looks perfect for adding Vader's VOD to my Emby server.

Couple of questions.

First, can the vaders m3u to strm export be automated?

Second, I don't suppose there's a linux version of this app?  My Emby is on Linux and I'd have to keep a windows VM running just for this program.

IkeTaylor11

I just tried the trial and it looks perfect for adding Vader's VOD to my Emby server.

Couple of questions.

First, can the vaders m3u to strm export be automated?

Second, I don't suppose there's a linux version of this app?  My Emby is on Linux and I'd have to keep a windows VM running just for this program.

I have asked the same question about automating Vaders. Its fallen on deaf ears, no one wants to respond about it apparently. I would really like this functionality as well. Especially since I have paid for the app. 

• Like 1

skywise

I have asked the same question about automating Vaders. Its fallen on deaf ears, no one wants to respond about it apparently. I would really like this functionality as well. Especially since I have paid for the app. 

I just paid and did get a response back to my email, saying the CLI version will extract the Vaders strm. 

I'll give it a try and let you know.

My appologies for the late response - i'm currently having some medical difficulties, and havent been as active on development lately - (hospitalized), but i will try to create a linux version soon - the only problem i have is that to make it run on linux, i have to rewrite the complete m3u parser, so i can do this - but it will take some etime rewriting 90% of the code. I also have to find out if i need to recompile for different platforms (x86, arm) - also i dont have vaders at the moment, but i will try to get a  trial for a day - so i can finetune the automated tool if nessecary to make it work flawless.

Edited by ERD

IkeTaylor11

I just paid and did get a response back to my email, saying the CLI version will extract the Vaders strm.

I'll give it a try and let you know.

If you get it working let me know. I’m fine with command line option.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

IkeTaylor11

My appologies for the late response - i'm currently having some medical difficulties, and havent been as active on development lately - (hospitalized), but i will try to create a linux version soon - the only problem i have is that to make it run on linux, i have to rewrite the complete m3u parser, so i can do this - but it will take some etime rewriting 90% of the code. I also have to find out if i need to recompile for different platforms (x86, arm)

Thanks for the update and I hope you get better soon. Heath takes priority.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 1