How can I fully "Purge" Auto Box Sets?

Tolerant

Tolerant

I am using v0.0.2.2 of Auto Box Sets and Version 3.0.5211.41935 of MB3 Server.

My Auto Box Sets add on has been very buggy and starting fresh would seem like the best idea. I keep re-adding Chronicles of Riddick and then later it's not added, as one example, etc. 

I previously tried removing the folders in the Collections folders and uninstalling Auto Box Sets and that only made things stranger when I re-added it. Collections were listed as ID Strings not as titles at that point. I renamed those so they are correct, but it's still not functioning right. Some titles would collapse into the collection and some wouldn't also. So it's kind of a mess.

I would like to fully purge my Auto Box Sets plugin and data and start over. What is the best way to do that?

NOTE: When trying to "Remove" a collection, I get a message "No Collection Exists with the Supplied ID".

EDIT2: As soon as I "Refresh" the Box Sets Collection from the Plugin's Panel "Refresh" button, the collections lose the changes I made adding other titles that were not picked up. :(

Thanks

Edited by Tolerant

You can't make manual edits to the collections created by the plug-ins and expect them to remain as the plug-in will re-create them when necessary.

If you want to start fresh, do the following (this will eliminate any manual collections you created as well):

• Remove the plug-in
  • Re-start the server
  • Go to the collections area and remove all the collections (A quick way to do this would be to shut down the server and delete the contents of MediaBrowser-Server\data\collections).
  • Run a library scan and make sure all the collections are gone.
  • Re-install the plug-in
  • Re-start the server and let the scan run and the collections create.

Now, if at this point, there are problems, please post specific information on what those problems are and the server log from that last run when the collections were created.

Tolerant

Followed those directions, of course starting the server would do a quick scan itself. Box sets rebuilt themselves but are now named such as:

MB Auto Set [tmdbid=304]

Here is the latest server log.

server-63533524928.txt

CBers

When I had those, the collections didn't exist at the movie database site, so I removed the collection id from each member (movie) in the collection, then removed the collection via the delete option in edit.

Edited by CBers

Tolerant

When I had those, the collections didn't exist at the movie database site, so I removed the collection id from each member (movie) in the collection, then removed the collection via the delete option in edit.

I did try going 'into' the collections, expanding one, then choosing 'Remove', however when trying to 'Remove' a collection I was presented with a message telling me that the ID didn't exist and I could not remove the collection.

I don't mind the movies knowing their TMDB ID or TMDB Set id, infact if I could get all my movies to have their TMDB or TMDB Set id, maybe I would not have so many problems. To have to remove them all would be a bit more extra work when I really want to make sure they are all updated.

Side note: I would love it if the collection (box sets) addon would allow me to see missing items, flagged as missing perhaps, but with posters so I would know, hey I am missing 3 & 4 out of this collection, I better grab them!

Edited by Tolerant

More than likely CBers is on the right track and your source data is invalid.  You probably have a bunch of movies that have old and no longer existing tmdb collection IDs defined for them.  Look on tmdb for the collections in question and confirm the IDs (you can see it in the URL of the item on tmdb).

Tolerant

More than likely CBers is on the right track and your source data is invalid.  You probably have a bunch of movies that have old and no longer existing tmdb collection IDs defined for them.  Look on tmdb for the collections in question and confirm the IDs (you can see it in the URL of the item on tmdb).

The collections exist, out of my 27'ish collections there is no way all of them would have been removed in the last 2 weeks. *I* had previously removed the Collections 'Cache' Data and the 'Database' data in an attempt to 'clear out' and 'remove' the addon. I have since re-added the addon and am still getting the issue of collections that are not properly 'named'. I followed the directions for removing the addon/flushing the data but to no avail.  I am sure I have more movies in my selection that would be part of a collection but I feel like TMDB ID's might be missing which would be slowing that process down. -- I am trying not to confuse MCM and MB3 from 'eating' each others data, while at the same time trying to get collections working again.

Wait a minute - you said MCM.  Do you have internet metadata fetching turned off in MB?

If so, there is no way the auto box sets are going to work.  You're not allowing us to go find them.

Tolerant

Wait a minute - you said MCM.  Do you have internet metadata fetching turned off in MB?

If so, there is no way the auto box sets are going to work.  You're not allowing us to go find them.

Currently, yes, MCM is fetching and it is off in MB3, HOWEVER I briefly turned it on for the purpose of rebuilding the collections, then turned it off again. I am still having the naming issue previously mentioned. That is what leads me to think they were NOT totally cleaned out because it has to be getting that info from somewhere and it would not just be pulling that name structure off TMDB. ( MB Auto Set [tmdbid=304] )

Well, the exact timing of turning the option on and off would be difficult to get right as far as these items being properly discovered.

That name is coming from the actual folder name.  The bottom line is though that the plug-in relies on our internet metadata fetching so it is never going to work well for you if you have that turned off.  This is stated in the plug-in description but I also just added it to the config page in the plug-in itself.

Tolerant

Well, the exact timing of turning the option on and off would be difficult to get right as far as these items being properly discovered.

That name is coming from the actual folder name.  The bottom line is though that the plug-in relies on our internet metadata fetching so it is never going to work well for you if you have that turned off.  This is stated in the plug-in description but I also just added it to the config page in the plug-in itself.

So back to the original thread title.. how the heck can I just "purge" all collected data that this plug-in is using, and 'start fresh', either with or without internet metadata (although honestly should allow the option for either or), and rebuild collections by "named" titles using the "correct" movies that DO 'collepse' into the collections and remain in the collections without messing up the metadata previously fetched from external sources such as MCM?

Here is why I ask:

I like collections (would like them more if they listed what was missing as well, as an option)

I want as many movies as easily possible grouped into collections so it is easier to find them and use less screen area to view them in my movies, vs collection + parts of it showing that are not being "collected" or are but still show up

I want them to be accurate, not missing half a collection, or not requiring me to go add half a collection daily.

I don't want to have to give up on external fetchers that allow for a LOT more configuration then MB3 currently allows for unless I know MB3 will "do it all"

I guess what I am asking for (for now) is a "reset to before the addon" was added type "button" or "steps to follow" so I can start over "fresh", lacking that, a bit more control and options with the collection addon. Obviously it still needs a little work and without details that can be tough, but trying to get MB3 to perform up to the level of MB2 as far as ease goes, .. well it is a long way off. Yes I get that it does more, works on multiple platforms .. all that. But for a guy on his PC with a WDTVLive SMP who also uses WMC (MB2 or MB3 Classic), I just want some of the basics to work REALLY well and still offer a few perks. Collections being 'auto gathered' was nice, having to muck with them daily not so nice.  I don't have a "Pad", a "Smart Phone", an "iPod", or a "Roku".. all these extra platforms do me no good, not to say they arnt doing someone good.

Maybe it is just a feeling, but it seems like developers are stretched so far and so thin that I worry this project will never "get there" the way it should and if it does, it will take years! It is a scary thought.

Tolerant

<LocalTitle>MB Auto Set [tmdbid=645]</LocalTitle> appears to be part of my issue... yet you say it comes from a folder being named, since I have removed that folder then where is it getting that data from? The very first time I installed this plugin, I did not have this issue.. leads me to think something got FUBAR and needs to be reset or removed. No.. not me.. I just need a swift kick.

If I enable "metadata from internet" etc, then "refresh missing data" for the "Collections", things populate, images get filled etc, however I am still using incorrect titles.

Edited by Tolerant

CBers

I'm not demeaning anything that Pete @ MCM is doing as I used it a lot when using MB2, but since switching to MB3, I haven't used it and I have allowed everything to MB3 to do.

I've never had any issues with the metadata that mb3 has fetched.

Do you use MCM for just metadata fetching?

If so, it might be worth switching fully to mb3.

Just a thought.

Tolerant

I'm not demeaning anything that Pete @ MCM is doing as I used it a lot when using MB2, but since switching to MB3, I haven't used it and I have allowed everything to MB3 to do.

I've never had any issues with the metadata that mb3 has fetched.

Do you use MCM for just metadata fetching?

If so, it might be worth switching fully to mb3.

Just a thought.

Yes I use MCM for more then just metadata. The problem with the two (MCM & MB3) is that once I scan with MB3 storing metadata w/files and allowing internet, a bunch of info no longer shows up in MCM for movies. Since this didn't used to be a problem with MB2 I have to assume what has changed was MB3.

The other issue, what this thread was really about, is how can I totally start fresh with the Box Set addon and although I have tried the steps listed earlier, did not have success because titles are named wrong (even when allowing internet data). So I am still stuck.

As I said - if you don't use our internet metadata fetching, the auto box set plug-in is not going to work for you.  Follow the steps I gave you but leave out the one where you re-install the plug-in.