Newer episodes not showing

bozrdnag

bozrdnag

Maybe I'm being dense, but Latest only shows 16 total episodes and I don't see a way to navigate to more. so there is usually only one episode for a given show listed there.  Is there a way to view more under latest?

WWWestern

bozrdnag, just open xml in a text editor and edit manually as 

<EpisodeName>Root Path</EpisodeName>

add the tag

<LockedFields>Name</LockedFields>

save and "scan library".

Maybe I'm being dense, but Latest only shows 16 total episodes and I don't see a way to navigate to more. so there is usually only one episode for a given show listed there.  Is there a way to view more under latest?

I'm not sure but have you tried Search?

WWWestern

You offer him to seek an episode whose name "/" (by tmdb version), using one special character? He was very surprised when he saw that him brought fishing nets.  :)

You offer him to seek an episode whose name "/" (by tmdb version), using one special character? He was very surprised when he saw that him brought fishing nets.  :)

LOL - okay, but any of the missing ones will do.  I just want to see what the metadata looks like - particularly the season and episode numbers.

By search I meant inside the web client, not in the forum.  In any case you showed me what I wanted.

The lack of season and episode numbers is the problem.  The question now is why don't those items get proper season and episode numbers...?

bozrdnag

I never even thought of searching in the web client and indeed it works.  I searched and found a couple other episodes that don't show up in the show listings and they also don't have metadata except they both had the correct episode number.  Refreshing all data on them did not correct the problem.

Look for xml files that are associated with those episodes (in the metadata folder probably) and inspect the values in them.

newfiend

Just out if curiosity if you right click on one of the episodes that aren't showing up (the actual video file) and select properties does it show that the file is blocked at the bottom of the properties window that opens? Sometimes UAC in Windows will block files that come from an "unknown" PC and this can wreck havoc at times. If the file is blocked try clicking the unblock button and see if the episode(s) show up.

Sent from my Lumia 920 using Tapatalk

Edited by newfiend

bozrdnag

bozrdnag, just open xml in a text editor and edit manually as 

<EpisodeName>Root Path</EpisodeName>

add the tag

<LockedFields>Name</LockedFields>

save and "scan library".

I primarily use XBMC and I use MB3 for streaming over the internet.  Because of that I don;t have MB3 set to save metadata in an XML.  I'd rather not have a bunch of extraneous files on my server.  I'll keep that in mind though if nothing else works.  Thanks!

I'm not sure but have you tried Search?

Yes.  And I can't find anything about browsing more latest episodes.  If it is possible, it certainly is not very intuitive.

LOL - okay, but any of the missing ones will do.  I just want to see what the metadata looks like - particularly the season and episode numbers.

Sorry. I didn't think to show you the metadata from another show.  Tunnel vision I guess. Here is a screen grab of another show's episode with the same problem:

13951174796_f0f453e7e9_b.jpg

After I grabbed the screenshot, I refreshed the metadata and strangely the only data that showed was 4 for the episdoes number.  No season number.  No plot or title.

Just out if curiosity if you right click on one of the episodes that aren't showing up (the actual video file) and select properties does it show that the file is blocked at the bottom of the properties window that opens? Sometimes UAC in Windows will block files that come from an "unknown" PC and this can wreck havoc at times. If the file is blocked try clicking the unblock button and see if the episode(s) show up.

At the bottom where attributes are listed?  If so, there is nothing down there about blocked.

bozrdnag

I finally decided to just delete the library db and re-scan everything which worked for the most part.  The problem now is that MB3 couldn't identify two shows: Jericho (2006) and Law & Order: SVU.  I went into the metadata editor for both shows and entered the TheTVDB ID for each show and refreshed the info.  

For Jericho, it it grabbed the show info and all the first season, but not the second season.

For Law & Order it grabbed the show info, but no episode info.

So what should I now do to get all the metadata for all the episodes if these two shows?

Tolerant

I finally decided to just delete the library db and re-scan everything which worked for the most part.  The problem now is that MB3 couldn't identify two shows: Jericho (2006) and Law & Order: SVU.  I went into the metadata editor for both shows and entered the TheTVDB ID for each show and refreshed the info.  

For Jericho, it it grabbed the show info and all the first season, but not the second season.

For Law & Order it grabbed the show info, but no episode info.

So what should I now do to get all the metadata for all the episodes if these two shows?

Double check thetvdb.com and see if the info is actually on their site for those.

EDIT: Just a thought, but if you have to get drastic you could always install MCM and set the fetcher to another source like TVRage.com for the info, assuming they have it, and MB3 should then pick it up when u rescan.

Edited by Tolerant

Happy2Play

What TVDB ID did you use for Jericho (2006)? id=79330

What is your naming conventions for Law & Order: SVU episodes?

bozrdnag

Double check thetvdb.com and see if the info is actually on their site for those.

EDIT: Just a thought, but if you have to get drastic you could always install MCM and set the fetcher to another source like TVRage.com for the info, assuming they have it, and MB3 should then pick it up when u rescan.

Info is on TheTVDB.com.

What TVDB ID did you use for Jericho (2006)? id=79330

What is your naming conventions for Law & Order: SVU episodes?

Yes, I used id=79330.  Like I said, once I entered the correct ID, I now have the correct show info and the entire 1st season.  Just the second didn;t scrape.

My naming convention for SVU is:

Law & Order Special Victims Unit - s01e01 - Payback - DVD Rip.mkv

bozrdnag

The common trait I'm seeing is that all the missing episodes have the episode number in the metadata and nothing else.  Refreshing does nothing until I manually add the season #.  The a refresh will populate all the metadata fields.  Why is MB3 not getting the season number from my file names on some of these?  Here is a log on the library scan.

https://app.box.com/s/otz316ccaifmah578w8c

newfiend

What happens if you rename the file:

Law & Order Special Victims Unit.s01e01.Payback.mkv

? Will it scrape the info then? There is a little utility called theRenamer that will scan and rename multiple files at once to the tvdb naming convention. I use that and I hardly ever have an issue with MB3 being able to scrape the metadata. Try renaming the file exactly like above and see if that works. Google theRenamer great utility.

bozrdnag

What happens if you rename the file:

Law & Order Special Victims Unit.s01e01.Payback.mkv

? Will it scrape the info then? There is a little utility called theRenamer that will scan and rename multiple files at once to the tvdb naming convention. I use that and I hardly ever have an issue with MB3 being able to scrape the metadata. Try renaming the file exactly like above and see if that works. Google theRenamer great utility.

All my episodes use the exact same naming convention:  Show - sXXeXX - Episode Title - Source.mkv  All of my other shows and episodes have scanned in just fine.  Additionally, right now I use XBMC as my primary HTPC software and changing file names would cause problems with that. I understand why MB3 didn't recognize these two shows at first, but now that I entered their TVDB.com ID and it recognizes the shows, why doesn't it scan in the episodes?  It did the first season for Jericho and that's it.

It's not very practical for me to have to go in and manually correct 300+ episodes.  

Edited by bozrdnag

Not sure exactly which episodes are causing a problem but sometimes a particular episode name can conflict with other naming conventions when using the style you are (not sure if this is your problem).  For instance:

A show - S01E03 - 30 Ways to Die.mkv

Could be mis-interpreted as season 1 episodes 3 - 30.

Like I said, this may or may not be what you are running into but examine the file names of the problem episodes and see if you can tie them to any of the alternate naming conventions available and spot a pattern.

bozrdnag

Here is one for example:

Law & Order Special Victims Unit - s02e18 - Manhunt - DVD Rip.mkv

When I go into edit the only metadata is the episode number:

535a964b8b257_Untitled.jpg

The whole series is this way.  I don't see anything that makes these different from the thousands that have scanned in directly.

Edited by bozrdnag

bozrdnag

I do not have "Save artwork and metadata into media folders" enabled.  I looked in the cache folder and there are a bunch of episode xml files in there, but they have cryptic names like episode-3-7.xml.  I don;t know how to tell which ones coincide with my problem episodes.

And you are positive there are no xml files from some other source within the folder where the episodes are or a "metadata" folder below that?

bozrdnag

Yep.  The only thing that's there are nfo files for everything because that's what XBMC uses.  Here's a screenshopt of one of theproblem shows:

535d67289ffaa_Untitled.jpg

bozrdnag

What I really don't get is why does MB3 "see' the latest episodes under Latest, why does the episode counter number on the series logo show the correct number of episodes and why can I search for any of the missing shows, but none of them show up under the series?

Is there really no way to refresh or re-scrape these episodes other than to manually search for all 300+ one at a time?