Add ignored/incorrect files to proper season??

RanmaCanada

RanmaCanada

I've continually run into an issue where I have properly named files, and Emby is just ignoring them completely.  I have tried changing them to every single format, and what happens is it will either think the files are in a different season with a different episode number completely (because the titles are similar) or Emby will just ignore them and leave me with no nfo files at all.  I have changed the metadata providers and slowly cut them off one by one, as it is anime, there is not much to choose from :) but I am at my wits end, and I am about to throw it out the freaking window, server and all.  An an example.  For the last month My Hero Academy Season 3 would not identify beyond episode 19, no matter what I would do.  Then finally tonight after wiping the entire directory AGAIN and putting newly encoded files in, it finally went to the end, but then episode 20 is being completely ignored  My Hero Academia - 03x20 - Special Episode - Save the World with Love!  No nfo, no jpg, no nothing (it's not even listed as a "special" episode under season 0).  I have no means to manually add the file, no way to tell the program that "YES THERE IS A FILE THERE!"  It's beyond frustrating.

I have the same problem in various other shows, which I have not been able to solve.  Episodes that are identified as the wrong season and different episode #, etc, or where Emby lumps them all together as 1 file....  The only option is to manually edit the season and episode # and then lock them, but I am talking about dozens, to almost 100 of such.  And I have already gone through the hassle of doing it for quite a few of them in the past.  I've ignored doing the synopsis of the episodes as doing that and the rest of the metadata is seriously too much work.  I know I'm not the only person with this issue and I believe there should be some fix for it other than the tedious task of doing it all by hand, especially for those that are not identified at all!  I should be able to manually add the file and then do exactly like I can with movies, either with tvdb, anidb, or whatever, to fix this problem.  Ideally I think we should also have the option to manually fix episodes/extras that are incorrectly identified as well.  Though I do not know if the logistics of adding that is feasible.  

RanmaCanada

I did give one.  But I can give more.

My Hero Academia - 03x20 - Special Episode - Save the World with Love! is completely ignored.  Whether I name it the Japanese name of the series, the English name, if I go 2018, Season 3, etc, this episode is ignored.  Previously, the season would not recognize any episodes past #19.  

Testament Sister New Devil.  I have the clean bluray openings and endings, named as such, as well as specials, which are named properly.  Yet Emby has decided that each one of these are all the same file and has batched them all together, and I have 3-4 different versions to choose from (open/end season 1, open/end season 2 and the actual special(s)) when I go to play it, instead of the files being listed individually.  They are in separate folders, they are named properly eg.

\Shinmai Maou no Testament\Extras\Clean Endings Opens Menu and Previews\Shinmai Maou no Testament BURST Menu 04.mp4

\Shinmai Maou no Testament\Extras\Clean Endings Opens Menu and Previews\Shinmai Maou no Testament Menu 04.mp4

\Shinmai Maou no Testament\The Testament of Sister New Devil - 00x04 - Special 2.mp4

are all seen as the same file

Knights of Sidonia Season 2.  Knights of Sidonia - 02x01 - Conflict.  All files named correctly, but no matter what I do, Emby will not recognize the season, and will only put them as UNKNOWN under season, all except for episode 12.  

I rip a lot of my own content to put on my server and I like to have everything that is on the blurays on the server, in the respective directories.  I'm anal that way ha.  I would like to be able to fix these issues easier than manually creating nfo files each and every time this happens.  Which for anime, is a LOT.  I don't know if the anime plugin has been adopted by anyone, but with all the extras and crap that this genre has, we're a problem group.  I use filebot and Name my TV Series to ensure everything that can be named properly, IS named properly.  For anything else I name them exactly as they are.

Edited by RanmaCanada

Why do you feel that My Hero Academia - 03x20 - Special Episode - Save the World with Love!

is completely ignored? Can you show screenshots to demonstrate? Thanks.

Deathsquirrel

Unless you're using the anime plugin those names aren't correct.  Assuming you're using the default metadata providers the format for a season 1 clean opening, for example, would be:

\\TVShare\The Testament of Sister New Devil\Season 00\The Testament of Sister New Devil S00E101 Clean Opening Animation.mkv

Note that things like clean opening/closing animations usually don't have metadata on TVDB so while they go in the Season 00 folder you have to choose a number that's going to not overlap with existing special content.  I use season number in the hundreds place and an arbitrary item number in the ones place.  For something like Doctor Who which has a billion specials I moved that to Season in the Thousands place.

If you're using the anime plugin I can't help.  I don't use it.

The anime plugin is a community addition that is maintained by volunteer community members, so yes, that will definitely create some variations.

RanmaCanada

Yes I am using the anime plug in.  

The directory  showing that there is no nfo created for the file, and no jpg created for the file.  It's being ignored completely.  The season itself in Emby, showing that the episode is missing, and not seen.  

As for Doctor Who, all the specials are actually properly indexed.  It's why season 0 has 156 episodes, at least according to Name my TV Series.

Right now my suggestion to make everything just work would be to follow tvdb naming and drop the anime plugin.

I am really not familiar with the plugin and therefore not in a position to troubleshoot it. I think it could be great if down the road Emby could handle more of that natively, but until that happens you will probably need to have some understanding of how the plugin works in order to utilize it.

Deathsquirrel

I prefer the TVDB approach to naming in general but I realize it's not exactly a purist approach.  On the other hand I never have any issues with episode recognition so there are some undeniable benefits even if I didn't have a preference :)

RanmaCanada

That would quite possibly break my library more than it already is in places haha, as TVDB doesn't always recognize shows in their original Japanese name.  I'll attempt it and see what happens.  Nothing ventured, nothing gained.  But as I stated, pretty much everything is named properly as I use filebot and Name My TV Series to ensure the files are named properly prior to placing them in their directories, other than the uber extras like menus and openings that don't really have a place anywhere.  I will endevour to update this once I have fought with it some more, unless it drives me completely crazy :)

Again thank you.