Post Processing - Pass Channel Identifier

PenkethBoy

PenkethBoy

Currently with Post Processing only the {path} parameter is passed

Could we also have the TV channel identifier (unique) passed as well?

Could be "name", "number" etc - so a script could apply different processes based on the channel

e.g.

Would be useful in the UK as BBC channels do not have commercials

Some channels would benefit from diff processing settings - but are difficult to tell apart without an identifier

• Like 4

• 4 weeks later...
HeadHodge

Perhaps after the 3.6 release. Our focus now is on getting that out.

im using emby windows for the first time to record live video then convert it from mpeg2 to h264 format.

it works perfectly for my needs EXCEPT I cant get the convert function to keep my ac3 audio tracks. it converts it to acc instead and i can only playback stereo with that format and i lose my secondary audio tracks i.e. spanish.

sigh so now im resorting to figure out how to use handbrake instead. :(

I hope the convert options can be made more comprehensive. maybe at least change the target for TV conversion to use a ts container keeping original ac3 audio

Edited by HeadHodge

HeadHodge

The TV profile should keep the AC3 audio. Can we go over a specific example? Thanks.

post-397870-0-73369100-1545680426_thumb.png

post-397870-0-84447600-1545680440_thumb.png

post-397870-0-07317600-1545680454_thumb.png

post-397870-0-48510300-1545680464_thumb.png

post-397870-0-75888600-1545680477_thumb.png

No ac3 :(

No secondary track :(

No TS container :(

Edited by HeadHodge

HeadHodge

Ah yes I'm pretty sure I see the problem. Please try again once 3.6 is released. Thanks !

Sure... Any ETA??

guesstimate :)

Edited by HeadHodge

HeadHodge

Ah yes I'm pretty sure I see the problem. Please try again once 3.6 is released. Thanks !

dont know how hard it would be but adding 2 and 3 mbits 720p options would be great for me and my network

HeadHodge

dont know how hard it would be but adding 2 and 3 mbits 720p options would be great for me and my network

@bezinga sorry... forgot there is a custom bitrate setting but that doesnt work either. wont remember setting or use the rate i set it to. :(

Edited by HeadHodge

HeadHodge

sorry for all the posts but i worked on this for two solid days and forgot everything i did.

would be nice to add a checkbox in the post processing options to immediate trigger a sync instead of waiting a long time for the scheduler to trigger it or having to manually trigger it

CBers

sorry for all the posts but i worked on this for two solid days and forgot everything i did.

would be nice to add a checkbox in the post processing options to immediate trigger a sync instead of waiting a long time for the scheduler to trigger it or having to manually trigger it

Post-Processing is initiated immediately after a recording has completed.

• Like 2

HeadHodge

Post-Processing is initiated immediately after a recording has completed.

yes but im saying when you have a folder, i.e. recordings, set up to sync whenever a new scheduled live tv show gets recorded, it will not sync after the recording finishes until the the scheduled triggers triggers a sync.

example:

set up recordings library to sync when new recordings are added.

set up live tv to record all episodes of Friends

everytime a new episode is recorded immediately sync it.

But what its doing right now is that after the new episode is recorded, it doesnt sync until the scheduler triggers sync job.

so i have to wait until the scheduler triggers a sync or until i manually trigger a sync.

it does NOT trigger a sync at rhe end of the recording and i really wish it would just like a post processing script is triggered

hope that makes sense

CBers

yes but im saying when you have a folder, i.e. recordings, set up to sync whenever a new scheduled live tv show gets recorded, it will not sync after the recording finishes until the the scheduled triggers triggers a sync.

This thread is about Post-Processing, not syncing.

• Like 1

example:

set up recordings library to sync when new recordings are added.

set up live tv to record all episodes of Friends

everytime a new episode is recorded immediately sync it.

But what its doing right now is that after the new episode is recorded, it doesnt sync until the scheduler triggers sync job.

so i have to wait until the scheduler triggers a sync or until i manually trigger a sync.

it does NOT trigger a sync at rhe end of the recording and i really wish it would just like a post processing script is triggered

hope that makes sense

This is something we can improve, thanks.

• Like 1

HeadHodge

This thread is about Post-Processing, not syncing.

Not trying to nitpik... But I was talking about adding a checkbox to the post processing options section. And technically I think syncing is post processing.

But I do apologizie for highjacking the op's thread. Sorry.

maegibbons

Just to try and put you straight.

Whilst the "Convert/Sync" options will proably normally run following a recording this is NOT the Post Processing normally associated with recordings.  There is a specific area in the DVR setup configuration called "Recording Post Processing" where you can configure an IMMEDIATE post recording processing script which is what this thread is talking about.

You are however correct in that the in-built Convert utility has a few shortcomings.  One of which is that there is no way to trigger it immediately after a recording finishes.

This is one of the reasons that we want more parameters about the recordng so that we can expand functionality in OUR OWN post processing scripts which DO fire immediately a recording finishes.

Krs

Mark

• Like 5

HeadHodge

Just to try and put you straight.

Whilst the "Convert/Sync" options will proably normally run following a recording this is NOT the Post Processing normally associated with recordings.  There is a specific area in the DVR setup configuration called "Recording Post Processing" where you can configure an IMMEDIATE post recording processing script which is what this thread is talking about.

You are however correct in that the in-built Convert utility has a few shortcomings.  One of which is that there is no way to trigger it immediately after a recording finishes.

This is one of the reasons that we want more parameters about the recordng so that we can expand functionality in OUR OWN post processing scripts which DO fire immediately a recording finishes.

Krs

Mark

Right you are Mark.

Without trying to make my point beyond comprehension...

If emby would provide a script that could be used in the dvr post processing options, that would trigger a sync event, that would do just as awesome as having a checkbox there.

Merry Christmas!

• 2 months later...
PenkethBoy

Currently with Post Processing only the {path} parameter is passed

Could we also have the TV channel identifier (unique) passed as well?

Could be "name", "number" etc - so a script could apply different processes based on the channel

e.g.

Would be useful in the UK as BBC channels do not have commercials

Some channels would benefit from diff processing settings - but are difficult to tell apart without an identifier

@@Luke

Is adding in the Channel Id/ Name as a Parameter thats passed to a post processing script any closer