Roku 3 audio sync issue

roberto188

roberto188

For whatever reason if I set the bitrate above 4mbps for live TV my Roku 3 gets out of sync with the audio. Never happened with BN even when I set the bitrate up to 20mbps.

roberto188

Thanks Luke. When I get some time to fiddle and post logs and details I will. My suspicion might be that the new Emby app is allowing the server to use a higher profile/level, causing the Roku 3 to choke. But that's just a guess. I'll do some more detailed investigation and post. Thanks.

roberto188

Figured it out. Despite setting the quality to 720p and 10 megabits, Emby is still trans-coding to 1080p, so the Roku 3 chokes. See the attache transcode log. It's only when the bitrate is lowered to 4  megabits, does it then transcode to 720p. 

ffmpeg-transcode-5fe1c9fc-a625-4de6-a728-553a3b6f19aa.txt

Edited by roberto188

Found the cause of this. Was the same reason why the app was always remux instead of fully transcoding when using playback correction. Now the capabilities represent the device. These are passed to the server to allow a 720P TV to still play 1080P/4K in direct play and let the Roku downscale. When you change settings for video resolution/quality from automatic, these become known as user overrides and are remembered. You tell the app the maximum resolution you want when transcoding and the maximum bitrate used for direct play. So if the bitrate is met the app will now use your resolution you chose correctly. Keep in mind this won't force transcoding if you chose 720P at 10MB/s for 4K video unless the bitrate is over 10MB/s in which case it will transcode to 720P* @ 10MB/s for anything over that bitrate. This lets the Roku direct play as much as possible and keeps user choices from changing capabilities. Only the video player fallback changes capabilities. I am still testing things here, but very shortly I will have something to pass upstream to resolve these issues. Stay tuned...

* it will not transcode resolutions up. So at 10MB/s if you chose 720P and you have a 480P item at 15MB/s it will leave the video at 480P and transcode to 10MB/s.

Edited by speechles