Fire TV - Emby client stopped, on re-open the direct letter jump bar gone

lharris
Go to solution Solved by ebr,

I was playing some content for my <2 year old from my Emby server in the basement on the Fire TV in the living room, I had my back turned and the sound stopped.   I turned around to find the Fire TV was back at the home screen so I checked that it was connected to WiFi and signal was good, it was.  I then opened the client and noticed the direct letter jump bar, which is freaking amazing and very welcomed, is gone!  How can that happen?  I rebooted the Fire TV and that didn't help, I also checked the "Settings" icon (cog wheel) and didn't find anything there that could help restore the jump bar.

Server: 3.5.3.0

Client: 1.6.56a  Registered

My wife is a tough cookie and very rarely does something change that gets her approval and the direct letter jump bar got her immediate approval... granted she's just one lady among many people who use Emby... but it's gonna be war in the house when she gets home!   Any Ideas?  Was it removed in a version change (note the "56a")?

EDIT: the other fire sticks have the same issue, I can only assume Emby stopped because it updated itself and this ".56a" version which is not on the pinned release thread must have pulled this feature.   I hope to see this feature come back soon.

Edited by lharris

• Solution

Hi.  On the Fire Stick, this option was causing scrolling to be extremely slow so it is now hidden until you call it up (like it was before).

There is a button on the toolbar that will produce the letter jump for you.  Or, if you put the grid in horizontal mode, you can access it by just going left from the first row of items.

Please let us know if this helps.

Thanks.

• Like 1

Hi.  On the Fire Stick, this option was causing scrolling to be extremely slow so it is now hidden until you call it up (like it was before).

There is a button on the toolbar that will produce the letter jump for you.  Or, if you put the grid in horizontal mode, you can access it by just going left from the first row of items.

Please let us know if this helps.

Thanks.

Yes this helps!  We did not see/interpret that the button on the toolbar to show the letter jump was right there in front of our eyes until you mentioned to look for it, that does the trick for now.   When scrolling vertical, if you are in the middle of the list, is there anyway to get back to the toolbar without having scroll the list all the way to the top?   Also, we don't recall scrolling to be extremely slow, but it could be the case that with the jump bar we never really scrolled more than 1 to 3 rows once we jumped to the desired letter and therefore never had the chance to experience the slowness.

Edited by lharris

When scrolling vertical, if you are in the middle of the list, is there anyway to get back to the toolbar without having scroll the list all the way to the top?  

Yes, hit the "back" button on your remote.