Server keeps crashing on 3.6.0.61 when opening media

henryford
Go to solution Solved by Luke,

henryford

Hi there,

so, my server keeps crashing when I updated to 3.6.0.61.

Attached are the last three logs.

The server keeps crashing whenever I access "my media". It doesn't matter if I go to "Movies" or "TV", as soon as I access them the server crashes on me. I suspect it has something to do with the images, but I can't seem to find the causing issue. I have a rather large library, but emby was usually able to handle it without a problem.

If I can provide any more information just let me know.

I seem to be in the same situation as the OP in this thread:

https://emby.media/community/index.php?/topic/64789-emby-server-crashes-during-media-scan/

Unfortunately, he didn't provide any information on how he found the problematic file and what the actual issue was :-/

embyserver-63677202001.txt

embyserver-63677202026.txt

embyserver-63677202052.txt

Edited by henryford

henryford

I can confirm that this only happens in the beta, I don't have the problem with the stable version (the library is the same).

• 2 weeks later...
henryford

It's still happening on 3.6.0.65 though.

I'm unsure whether you actually had time to fix it yet - can you give me a heads up? I'll happily test again then :)

henryford

It seems to be working now on 3.6.0.69, at least it doesn't crash anymore. There is still something strange going on with the images, but I'll look into that first (I lost all my posters for example, I only have banners left).

Edit: After a restart and a library scan, the posters all came back working again, so far everything is fine over here :)

I'm marking this as solved, since the problem seems to be fixed :) Thanks!

Edited by henryford