No HW Transcode on D916+ during Subtitle burn

K1ng_Lear
Go to solution Solved by softworkz,

K1ng_Lear

Hi there,

I'm new to Emby, switching over from Plex, and I run in a little problem. 

1. As soon as I try to play a file with embedded ass / ssa subtitles, either on the web app or on my shield, it triggers a transcode.

2. Ok, assuming that the format isn't supported a transcode is ok, but why isn't the hw engine used?  My CPU consuming runs up to 100% and this shouldn't occur while using hw transcode. (I checked the hw transcoding engine to VA API and added the emby user to the video group.)

3. As i tried to swich the audio language, from english to japanese, on this file on my shield it endures a lot of time to swich over and then something strange happend. When i paused the stream the video goes in paus mode, the japanese audio stream goes on hold but suddenly i can hear the english audio stream without a picture. The only way to stop it was to kill the emby app on the shield and to kill the server on my synology cause it still runs at 100% CPU.

4. Is it possible to preset the wished audio and subtitle stream on the shield app?

So, sry, if i screwed it up but i am little bit confused now. Oh, by the way, if I started this topic in the wrong subforum feel free to relocate.

Thx.

K1ng_Lear

Hi, can you provide the ffmpeg log from an example? Thanks.

Hi Luke,

I added one log from the incident today. I am not sure if there any sensible information stored in the log, too, so i would be happy if you delete the file from the forum after your got it.

Greetings

Mike

K1ng_Lear

Hi, can you provide the ffmpeg log from an example? Thanks.

This time with attached file...sorry

Edit 08.11: log deleted

Edited by K1ng_Lear

Impossible to convert between the formats supported by the filter 'Parsed_hwupload_1' and the filter 'auto_scaler_0'
Error reinitializing filters!
Failed to inject frame into filter network: Function not implemented

I'm not familiar with this specific situation, but I would guess that either the subtitle-burn-in filter does not work with hardware acceleration or it is not correctly configured in order to work with hardware acceleration.

If you would be able to execute the command line directly, you could try to

• leave out "-hwaccel_output_format vaapi" or
  • replace it with "-hwaccel_output_format nv12"

K1ng_Lear

I'm not familiar with this specific situation, but I would guess that either the subtitle-burn-in filter does not work with hardware acceleration or it is not correctly configured in order to work with hardware acceleration.

If you would be able to execute the command line directly, you could try to

• leave out "-hwaccel_output_format vaapi" or
  • replace it with "-hwaccel_output_format nv12"

Sorry I’be no idea how I can do this.

Oh, by the way, i recently recognised that I forgot to mention that I run the server on a Synology DS916+.

• 4 weeks later...
solabc16

Hello @@K1ng_Lear

I don't see you registered on the beta channel, let me know if you want to join - so you can test out the improvements before they appear in the next stable.

Best

- James

K1ng_Lear

Hello @@K1ng_Lear

I don't see you registered on the beta channel, let me know if you want to join - so you can test out the improvements before they appear in the next stable.

Best

- James

Yeah, it would be nice to join the beta. What must I do after you signed me in?