Allow custom groupings of libraries

bradford

bradford

I would like the ability to group multiple libraries together so they appear as a single library from the main screen, but allowing me to dive down into the different libraries.

For example, I have 3 music libraries - mine, my wife's, and kids music for the kids. I don't want all 3 visible from the main screen, but I would like a single entry called 'Family Music' or 'Music' that allows me to drill down into the different libraries.

It would be helpful for seasonal libraries, like my Christmas and Halloween libraries.

• Like 1

bradford

There are some use cases where that doesn't work as well. Seasonal movies are an example - I would love a 'folder' of seasonal libraries - and subfolders under that for Christmas and Halloween, each with it's respective movie and music libraries. That way the content is accessible without a) showing up when I browse my main libraries and B) not cluttering up my list of libraries in the main screen.

Happy2Play

Sounds like you want the Folder View option.

In 3.5.3.0 the setting if found in Dashboard-Library-Display.

There is a redesign in 3.6 as this becomes a per library tab option.  Which could require some library folder reconfiguring.

One library entry point with two folders

5be4db2c4dae1_library.jpg

Once you enter Movies library Folder view reflect 2 folder

5be4db4c7e8ae_folder.jpg

The Movies tab shows the grouped content type listing.