Import TV episode in non TVDB order

Strudo76

Strudo76

Hey there

I have a bunch of TV show episodes from DVDs that are not in the same order as thetvdb.com listing. I'd like to keep them in the DVD order if possible, so I don't want to reorder the episodes to the TVDB order. Is there a way to do this?

My initial thoughts are to add the files to the database, manually specify the metadata (season, episode tvdbid), lock the metadata, then scan the database to get the images based off my manual settings. Would this work?

Any other thoughts on how the manage this?

Thanks

Edited by Strudo76

Hi, I would just turn off tvdb for that particular library. Or you can lock the individual series. Please let us know if this helps. Thanks.

Strudo76

HI Luke

I still wanted to scrape the data from TVDB to get the images and episode synopsis'. What I ended up doing was renaming all the episodes to be in TVDB order, then added them to the Emby folder and scanned the drive. After that was complete, I just changed the episode number (and season where appropriate) to the original DVD order. Everything seems to be where it's supposed to be, even though it was a bit of mucking around.

As a note, it would have been very handy in the metadata tree listing of the left updated the episode order as I was saving the details. The list didn't refresh until I exited the metadata editing area completely and went back in. Don't know if that's something that's possible or worth while? It's been a small issue before when adjusting the custom sort name of some movies to put them in the correct sequence, and you can't see the result until you look at the library or exit and go back into the metadata tree.

Another thing I would like is an option to list the "Season 00" folder used for special at the end. Currently I use a custom sort name to place it at the end, but it would be nice to just be able to select an option and have all Season 00 folder appear at the end. I use the option to include specials in the season they aired, but it becomes a little annoying when you use the jump to first unplayed option where you might have some a special from say season 5, and you're only up to watching season 3. The option to select the next unplayed will always select the unplayed special as that appears next, rather than the next unplayed in season 3 that you actually want to watch.

Lastly, if I lock the series node in the metadata tree to prevent changes, does that automatically lock everything below it, or do I need to go into eash season and each episode to lock every item individually?

Thanks

Simon