TV tuner - Hauppauge WinTV-HVR-955Q Not detected after installation. . .

kakunka

I installed emby in Ubuntu Bionic Beaver.  Installation page for Live TV doesn't detect the usb tv tuner.

Hauppauge WinTV-HVR-955Q

I know it works because Kaffeine is running it fine. . . 

Anything you can suggest to get this device to run on the Media Server?

-K

Daniel8192

Is this on the road map, anything experimental?  I currently have a Plex server running on my Linux machine and have installed Emby (in Docker), I would very much like to convert to Emby for live TV.  I have no interest in running Windows.

• 6 months later...
dave0402

We're very much interested in this for the future, but can't give any ETA at this time. Thanks.

any update on this, i was looking at moving away from plex but no way i'm installing windows, currently user docker on ubuntu server

Q-Droid

any update on this, i was looking at moving away from plex but no way i'm installing windows, currently user docker on ubuntu server

Well...you asked for something experimental above and running Linux. So, you could use TVHeadend to manage the USB tuner which Emby could then use as an IPTV M3U tuner. There is also a plug-in for Emby to TVH but I find the M3U option to be cleaner.

• 11 months later...
cythraul

Hi,

I'm also looking to ditch Plex.. I just bought a 1-month pass for Emby to setup my DVR and I realised afterward that Emby does not support my HVR-2250 under Linux.  :huh:

Any ETA for this? Beside my HVR-2250, I was hoping to buy Hauppauge quad PCIe tuner in the next few months..

thanks,

cyth

Hi, it's planned for the future, but we currently don't support Hauppauge on Linux. Hopefully soon.

• 5 months later...

I can't provide an ETA other than it's getting closer. Native tuner support is the largest project that we've ever undertaken.