Won't even start! / Crash on start with NO PROMPT

nativetechkid

nativetechkid

Hello. I'm trying out Emby Server because Plex is a stinky server. Any way, I tried starting it up for the first time and I got no result. I tryed it again. NO RESULT, NO ERROR, NOTHING. So i opened taskmgr.exe and looked in processes. Nothing. I held down the enter key on EmbyServer.exe. It showed up but when I let go. It disappeared. I decided to grab the hard drive and stick it in a computer I had laying around without a hard drive. I put it in and nothing happened still. Still I put the hard drive in my main computer. It blue screened because my computer only supports AHCI sata. So I put it back in my original computer. But then I copyed the Emby files from my server to my computer. It ran properly. NOTE: The server and windows are running the same OS (Windows 7 Ultimate SP1). With disbelief, I re-downloaded the installation from WebInstall and Portable files and tried it on the server once again. Still no success. I'm stuck. And I need help with this. Please ADMIN or MOD just help please.

Hi.  If you are trying to run Win 7 you are going to have to be 100% sure all updates to the OS are applied.  This sometimes requires multiple runs of Windows Update.