Emby Docker Files - Not OSS

backmail

backmail

Hi Emby Team,

Is there a particular reason, docker files of the current docker images which uses busy box are not shared publicly? I would really like to build a emby docker, on ubuntu or alpine , since busybox seems very limited to have rclone in it. 

If you cant share the Docker files, Any advice, how i can start from a scratch to have a emby on ubuntu docker please?

Thanks in Advance.

Hi, that is correct, our build system is not shared publicly.  What is the exact problem preventing you from using our Docker image? Thanks.

backmail

The latest images uses busboxy, and busybox doesnt support fusermount as much as the ubuntu or alphine images, and fusermount is kind of important to have rclone inside the docker container. Currently i have to run 2 different containers, one for rclone, and one for emby, and the data is shared between those. The shared volume doesnt always propagate changes (mount propagation) , when used across both containers.

If you can supply a ubuntu image for emby i can extend it using from instruction and have rclone on it easily.

backmail

Thanks.. I cant install it on the host machine, and need to use docker. If you cant share the Docker files, or the Ubuntu docker image, i am planning to use the deb file and install it inside docker, however i will loose optimisations you guys have done it like update checks etc..

Yea but that's really very minor because docker and ubuntu updates are almost always released at the exact same time.

backmail

Thanks. thats resssuring. Btw, do i need to install anything else other than the deb file, to have emby on ubuntu like .net dependencies ?

backmail

Ok.. Found a problem.. the deb package expects systemctl, and in docker systems it is not available. Any idea how i can install without running post-install scripts ?

• 3 months later...

this interest me and many others if we can have debian or ubuntu  docker image.

i tried and failed like others have reported the systemctl issue, the deb package installs but fails to run as service however it can be manually run and works fine.

the official docker images of debian or ubuntu can be configured to use init at system start however that means modifying the image first. another option is to run a startup script which it will work but may end up being bad idea

thanks for the help 

still not working for me

root@ubuntu:/# cd /media/ssd                                                                                          
root@ubuntu:/media/ssd# dpkg -i emby-server-deb_4.1.0.8_amd64.deb                                                     
Selecting previously unselected package emby-server.                                                                   
(Reading database ... 4039 files and directories currently installed.)                                                 
Preparing to unpack emby-server-deb_4.1.0.8_amd64.deb ...                                                              
Unpacking emby-server (4.1.0.8) ...                                                                                    
Setting up emby-server (4.1.0.8) ...                                                                                   
emby-server: unrecognized service                                                                                      
dpkg: error processing package emby-server (--install):                                                                
 installed emby-server package post-installation script subprocess returned error exit status 1                        
Processing triggers for libc-bin (2.27-3ubuntu1) ...                                                                   
Errors were encountered while processing:                                                                              
 emby-server                                                                                                           
root@ubuntu:/media/ssd#                                                                                               

after some more testing i was able to get it to work using tini and adding it to a docker run script. so far it's been as expected i can restart and shutdown the server from GUI

i am using the beta version at the moment and it seems fast, it is using some what more resources than the released version. there were a few unexpected restart but that's been happening with the release version as well.

off to see if i can optimize a little more and setup comskip comchap