Real Time Monitoring Doesn't Do Anything

ClemFandango

ClemFandango

i did do that.  i waited a good 5 minutes for the disenchantment episode and probably a bit longer for the better call saul episode.

ClemFandango

no, none of them do.   which is annoying because there's an option in sickgear which i did check to create season folders if there aren't any ..

Interwebz

Hey guys,

Sorry for hijacking this thread (and the other).  I also have difficulties getting real monitoring to work. I have enabled the setting under advanced library settings but and disabled library scans. My Emby instance did not detect new media over a period of two days until I did a manual scan. I have sent logs in this thread. As a workaround I have set my library to scan every 15 min.

ClemFandango

Hey guys,

Sorry for hijacking this thread (and the other).  I also have difficulties getting real monitoring to work. I have enabled the setting under advanced library settings but and disabled library scans. My Emby instance did not detect new media over a period of two days until I did a manual scan. I have sent logs in this thread. As a workaround I have set my library to scan every 15 min.

I actually considered doing something like this as well and setting it to a relatively small number but I thought it might be too process-intensive for some silly reason - have you encountered anything that might indicate every 15 minutes could be a problem ?

Interwebz

I actually considered doing something like this as well and setting it to a relatively small number but I thought it might be too process-intensive for some silly reason - have you encountered anything that might indicate every 15 minutes could be a problem ?

Nope, it takes 26 seconds for a full scan on all libraries so that's not an issue. It's just my OCD that would want an auto scan once something new is added plus I want to understand why real time monitoring is not working. Why run something every 15 minutes if there is a feature that monitors your library in real time? :)

ClemFandango

Nope, it takes 26 seconds for a full scan on all libraries so that's not an issue. It's just my OCD that would want an auto scan once something new is added plus I want to understand why real time monitoring is not working. Why run something every 15 minutes if there is a feature that monitors your library in real time? :)

Hah!, I have that same kind of OCD :)

I'll probably do that then for now.

@@Luke

My SickGear app grabbed the latest episode of Jimmy Fallon's Tonight Show this afternoon and no real time updates occured - I was here watching it and i waited about 10 minutes and nothing happened so i manually updated.

solabc16

Hi @@ClemFandango

Can you post the log containing this episode, so we can take a look at what was happening at the time.

Best

- James

Edited by solabc16

ClemFandango

that will be something i'll have to do tomorrow because i've just noticed i must have turned it off again last time .. doh !!

solabc16

No problem, will take a look as soon as you have them. If it's as repeatable as it appears to be, it should help shed some light on the matter.

Best

- James

I think if you have season folders this will work fine. What happens when you don't have season folders is the server has to dummy up some virtual containers. It's possible that there is some activity in the library scan that this is depending on, which is why the episodes don't show up until you run a scan.

It's something we can look at improving in a future update. Thanks.

• 2 months later...
Interwebz

I think if you have season folders this will work fine. What happens when you don't have season folders is the server has to dummy up some virtual containers. It's possible that there is some activity in the library scan that this is depending on, which is why the episodes don't show up until you run a scan.

It's something we can look at improving in a future update. Thanks.

Edit: Replied to the wrong topic.

Edited by Interwebz

• 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...