wanting to move from Docker to VM, people metadata..

mgworek
Go to solution Solved by mgworek,

mgworek

I have been playing around with a CentOS VM today and I am liking the speed of it over my docker. 

It is still finishing the initial scan but I did a back up from docker and restore to Centos. So far everything is good. 

I have a lot of custom artwork for people, wallpapers and such. Can I just move the people folder over to the new server and have them show up correctly?

It's weird seeing the difference in appearance between between the installs. I'm liking the larger posters on the VM install over the Docker install.

Thanks

Edited by mgworek

Hi, yes try moving it and then running the people refresh scheduled task. Please let us know if this helps. Thanks.

• Like 1

mgworek

Hi, yes try moving it and then running the people refresh scheduled task. Please let us know if this helps. Thanks.

Will do.

I am having a problem scanning my movies.

I will post a new topic if I need to.

I have 4 libraries. It scans 3 of them fine. It won't scan my Movies. I looked in the logs and was getting the "    System.IO.IOException: The configured user limit (8192) on the number of inotify watches has been reached." error.

I searched the forums and found where you posted a link to increase the watch limit so I added/changed.  "fs.inotify.max_user_watches=524288" It still fails with the following error now.

2018-10-26 09:45:45.450 Error LibraryMonitor: Error watching path: /movies

*** Error Report ***

Version: 3.6.0.57

Command line: /opt/emby-server/system/EmbyServer.dll -programdata /var/lib/emby -ffmpeg /opt/emby-server/bin/ffmpeg -ffprobe /opt/emby-server/bin/ffprobe -restartexitcode 3 -updatepackage emby-server-rpm_{version}_x86_64.rpm

Operating system: Unix 3.10.0.862

64-Bit OS: True

64-Bit Process: True

User Interactive: True

Processor count: 4

Program data path: /var/lib/emby

Application directory: /opt/emby-server/system

System.IO.IOException: Not a directory

Source: System.IO.FileSystem

TargetSite: Void FindNextEntry()

at System.IO.Enumeration.FileSystemEnumerator`1.FindNextEntry()

at System.IO.Enumeration.FileSystemEnumerator`1.MoveNext()

at System.IO.FileSystemWatcher.RunningInstance.AddDirectoryWatchUnlocked(WatchedDirectory parent, String directoryName)

at System.IO.FileSystemWatcher.RunningInstance.AddDirectoryWatchUnlocked(WatchedDirectory parent, String directoryName)

at System.IO.FileSystemWatcher.RunningInstance..ctor(FileSystemWatcher watcher, SafeFileHandle inotifyHandle, String directoryPath, Boolean includeSubdirectories, NotifyFilters notifyFilters, CancellationToken cancellationToken)

at System.IO.FileSystemWatcher.StartRaisingEvents()

at System.IO.FileSystemWatcher.StartRaisingEventsIfNotDisposed()

at System.IO.FileSystemWatcher.set_EnableRaisingEvents(Boolean value)

at Emby.Server.Implementations.IO.LibraryMonitor.<>c__DisplayClass38_0.<StartWatchingPath>b__0()

embyserver.txt

Edited by mgworek

mgworek

I think the error above was just for Real Time Monitoring. 

I removed the folder and re added it.

I removed the Movie Library and added a new one. It still won't scan them. The permissions are the same as the older folders.

mgworek

I switched to a Ubuntu VM and it is scanning all libraries. I have a problem restoring the full backup but I will post a new thread about that when I have time to play with it.

Thanks.

Edited by mgworek

mgworek

I would just turn off the realtime monitor. Thanks.

I tried everything and couldn't get it to scan my Movies for some reason. I switched to an ubuntu VM and it scanned everything. The only problem, it wouldn't fully restore from the same backup that CentOS restored from. I posted about it here with logs. https://emby.media/community/index.php?/topic/64526-unable-to-do-a-full-restore-in-ubuntu/

Thanks.

mgworek

Ok, I copied the metadata/People folder to my new server and ran a people refresh. It took almost 3 hours and it refresh the peoples default photos. It did not grab the any of the background images I have for people. The images are still in the folders, just not showing up when click a person on the server. I cleared browser cache.

• Solution
mgworek

I saw a post where you said that with the 3.6 branch, you should be able to just move the emby folder to a new server. I renamed my emby folder and just copied everything within my docker emby folder, make sure permissions were good and rebooted. everything seems to be working ok. My people backgrounds are showing up.