#21 CBers OFFLINE  

CBers

Advanced Member

• Moderators
  • 15171 posts
  • Local time: 05:02 PM
  • LocationKent, England.

Posted 05 December 2018 - 12:07 PM

The spinning circle of death is a problem with .50 and 2015 SmartHub, it's just like the bug in .122 for Orsay.

Seeing the Spinning Circle on my daughter's J series (2015) TV which runs Tizen, with the Emby app v1.050.

If you enter the details page of an item, the only way to play the item, is to press the PLAY button on the remote, as it appears that the details page isn't fully loading.
  • FrostByte likes this

#22 kmed27 OFFLINE  

kmed27

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 46 posts

Posted 05 December 2018 - 12:09 PM

So will it be fixed soon?

Is there any way to get 1.0.39 back on Samsung (which worked fine) until .50 is fixed?

#23 Luke OFFLINE  

Luke

System Architect

• Administrators
  • 128939 posts
  • Local time: 12:02 PM

Posted 05 December 2018 - 12:11 PM

We'll submit an update today to resolve this. Thanks.
  • FrostByte and kmed27 like this

#24 kmed27 OFFLINE  

kmed27

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 46 posts

Posted 05 December 2018 - 12:21 PM

That's great, Thanks.

#25 aslaksonal OFFLINE  

aslaksonal

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 38 posts

Posted 05 December 2018 - 01:35 PM

Recently, the app won't display any of the episodes or seasons stored for a series, as are shown on the Roku, Android and Emny Theater apps. The only options for a series are to "Play All" or "Shuffle". Makes it almost impossible to pick and choose within a series.

I've reset the the TV's smart hub, reinstalled the Emby app. Didn't help.

Can't find any setting in the app that would affect how a series is displayed. Any suggestions on how to restore this function?

@aslaksonal

#26 FrostByte OFFLINE  

FrostByte

Advanced Member

• ForumMod
  • 3991 posts
  • LocationThe UP

Posted 05 December 2018 - 03:02 PM

Recently, the app won't display any of the episodes or seasons stored for a series, as are shown on the Roku, Android and Emny Theater apps. The only options for a series are to "Play All" or "Shuffle". Makes it almost impossible to pick and choose within a series.

I've reset the the TV's smart hub, reinstalled the Emby app. Didn't help.

Can't find any setting in the app that would affect how a series is displayed. Any suggestions on how to restore this function?

@aslaksonal

What model TV and what version of the app are you running?

#27 aslaksonal OFFLINE  

aslaksonal

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 38 posts

Posted 05 December 2018 - 04:30 PM

What model TV and what version of the app are you running?

The TV is a Samsung UN32J5500, running software version 1530.1.

I don't know how to find the Emby App version, but it was downloaded this morning, so I presume it's current.

al

#28 FrostByte OFFLINE  

FrostByte

Advanced Member

• ForumMod
  • 3991 posts
  • LocationThe UP

Posted 05 December 2018 - 05:31 PM

The TV is a Samsung UN32J5500, running software version 1530.1.

I don't know how to find the Emby App version, but it was downloaded this morning, so I presume it's current.

al

Okay, ya sounds like a similar issue reported by others who just received the new version 1.0.50 today.  Luke mentioned earlier that he is submitting a fix today; then it will of course have to be reviewed by Samsung before it shows up in the store.

You can find the version a few ways.  One is in your apps section when you highlight Emby there should be a menu option to "View Details".  This will bring you to the Emby store front where you can see both the latest version available for your TV and the version you have loaded.  Another way to see the version is to go to the dashboard on Emby Server while the app is running.  The active device should display the version which is running. 

#29 Luke OFFLINE  

Luke

System Architect

• Administrators
  • 128939 posts

Posted 05 December 2018 - 05:37 PM

I've already submitted it.

• FrostByte likes this

#30 aslaksonal OFFLINE  

aslaksonal

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 38 posts

Posted 05 December 2018 - 09:50 PM

Thanks much. Impressive response times.

#31 Luke OFFLINE  

Luke

System Architect

• Administrators
  • 128939 posts

Posted 12 December 2018 - 01:42 AM

New Samsung releases:

https://emby.media/c...msung-releases/

Thanks everyone.

• kmed27 likes this

#32 kmed27 OFFLINE  

kmed27

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 46 posts

Posted 12 December 2018 - 09:35 AM

Thanks Luke, it appeared on Samsung today and episodes are back and wait circle has gone :) .

#33 KingOfTheHaggi OFFLINE  

KingOfTheHaggi

• Members
  • 24 posts

Posted 12 December 2018 - 10:22 AM

i currently have the spinning circle of death also but my workaround is different to what is suggested was going to post the issue here but noticed this thread so added to it.  i am using a Samsung 6 series smart TV not got the model number at the mo.

press sources on my remote

instead of going to HDMI 1 2 etc i just scroll along to emby symbol (which is not the app)

takes a bit of what i will call extra common sense to get to where you want as its very basic and just has folder structures and files nothing else only reason i tried this as the app was showing in the whats new section of the apps page so figured app must of been updated but dunno when as apparently Samsung appears to not think it relevant to provide this but it was working last night

the app has all the information it needs and DOES see the next episode but folder structure does not show and eps and clicking next episode causes circle of death after loading up the ep info as there is nothing below the description i can stop circle of death but page is not responsive at all to arrow keys and have to back out

i assume this is because the app is not seeing/showing them in the directory but does know its there due to the next episode feature?

p.s. uninstalling the app and reinstalling the app was tried @ 14:00 ish gmt along with many library scans

actually noticed that the tv info is on the dashboard so re edited again to paste it

Samsung SmartTV (UE49K6300)
Emby Theater 1.0.48

Edited by KingOfTheHaggi, 12 December 2018 - 10:26 AM.

#34 kmed27 OFFLINE  

kmed27

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 46 posts

Posted 12 December 2018 - 11:29 AM

It sounds like you are just using DLNA from sources which will just show the basic folders.

You need to go into SmartHub and install the emby app from there.

Then run it from smarthub.

#35 KingOfTheHaggi OFFLINE  

KingOfTheHaggi

• Members
  • 24 posts

Posted 12 December 2018 - 11:31 AM

the app is installed but not functioning which was the original post hopefully update kicks in some point tonight or the morow and yeah dlna is the wording i was looking for but could not think of.  it just shows that the emby server is functioning but the app is not down side is i can not see what episode i am on unless i go into the app and see the next episode which will also be out of date as i doubt it updates

#36 Luke OFFLINE  

Luke

System Architect

• Administrators
  • 128939 posts

Posted 15 December 2018 - 01:53 AM

Can you go to your series library settings and disable the advanced setting to automatically group series from mulitple folders. Then run a library scan. Then restart the Samsung app and see if that makes a difference. Thanks.

#37 KingOfTheHaggi OFFLINE  

KingOfTheHaggi

• Members
  • 24 posts

Posted 15 December 2018 - 08:47 AM

Can you go to your series library settings and disable the advanced setting to automatically group series from mulitple folders. Then run a library scan. Then restart the Samsung app and see if that makes a difference. Thanks.

Beta and official release both still have same issue of not showing anything inside the folders when clicking on a series and i am still using 

Version 3.5.3.0 (also had latest beta installed (.77) and about to do so again spinning wheel of death is on official release even in next episode info)

Emby Theater 1.0.48 (latest according to tv as also uninstalled and reinstalled)

computer was restarted after any uninstall before reinstalling 

Emby Theater 1.0.48

#38 Jasells OFFLINE  

Jasells

• Members
  • 6 posts
  • Local time: 10:02 AM

Posted 15 December 2018 - 09:00 AM

Samsung SmartTV (UN55KU630D)

Emby Theater 1.0.48

Server: Version 3.5.3.0

Still having this issue....  Rescanned, everything....=(

Edited by Jasells, 15 December 2018 - 11:17 AM.

#39 Jasells OFFLINE  

Jasells

• Members
  • 6 posts
  • Local time: 10:02 AM

Posted 15 December 2018 - 11:16 AM

I found the releases archive...  but it appears that there are no installers.  So, not sure what use these archives are (to me).  Would be really good if there was a (full installer) archive for times like this when an update breaks something, we can roll back easily while fix is in works.

As of now, my server is borked, since my Samsung TV is primary client.  

#40 KingOfTheHaggi OFFLINE  

KingOfTheHaggi

• Members
  • 24 posts

Posted 15 December 2018 - 11:20 AM

I found the releases archive...  but it appears that there are no installers.  So, not sure what use these archives are (to me).  Would be really good if there was a (full installer) archive for times like this when an update breaks something, we can roll back easily while fix is in works.

As of now, my server is borked, since my Samsung TV is primary client.  

if you mean by client that it is primary viewing source there is a work around i found and that being as i said in another thread (i have added to another) you can load latest beta server (.77 at time of writing) and then click the next episode and it will bring up the series if it is a tv show  below the episode information and you can scroll through it that way and if it is the wrong series you can use the series directory to mark that series as watched/unwatched also i have not experimented with films yet but i assume they should be ok.

• FrostByte likes this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users