Wrong picture for active recording

Guest asrequested

From message #13:

We're not going to do that anymore either.

Not going to do what?

I hope you aren't planning to remove things like "keep x episodes" or "7 days" of recordings.  That's a really useful feature and pretty common in PVRs to boot.

We're not going to do that anymore either.

Not going to do what?

I hope you aren't planning to remove things like "keep x episodes" or "7 days".  That's a really useful feature and pretty common in PVRs to boot.

jasonmcroy

I am curious if any of these issues have been addressed yet in the Beta server or have been tested yet. I saw the Beta release notes and I can't tell if some of the points mentioned there are related to this.

I am trying to move back over to using Emby as my DVR so everything is in one place. I had forgotten about some of the visual issues and folder creation issue that existed until I set up my weeks recordings tonight. I am seeing a lot of deviations from normal now. Season 4 posters used for my series recordings setup for Walking Dead which is in Season 9 now and same with a number of other shows giving me older seasons that what is current. It would be cleaner to just use poster with no season information on them for the show.

Stars Wars Resistance gives an odd looking thumb image on the "Scheduled" tab but the correct poster on the "Series" tab.

The answers to our questions above seem pretty vague. I would like to know what direction we're headed with this. 

If the Beta fixes these things then at least I can stick with the current stable for the meantime until the next stable with the fixes in place comes out.

• 3 months later...
blade005

We'll have no choice then but to just save the poster from the guide data as your series poster.

I guess this is why after the upgrade to 4.0 and implementing the Emby Guide EPG that I now have a poster.jpg file written into TV Series recording folders every time a new episode is recorded?

I have used the folder.jpg and folder.png naming scheme for all series for years and these were always honored as the default. I am letting my recording schedule run and watching as most Series folders are now being re-created with an Original Release Date being added, which it didn't do using XMLTV EPG data. I can adjust to that and perhaps it is preferential with the abundance of reboot series being released now to have a unique year identifier. Is there an option or will there be one in the future to have your existing (folder.jpg / folder.png) images to be honored as the default over a poster.jpg image from the EPG guide? I deleted the first few as they appeared, but the next recorded episode just adds it back again.

Yes this can be improved so that we check all support file extensions for an existing image. That should solve this for you and prevent a new image from being saved. Is that what you're looking for?

Diedrich

Yes this can be improved so that we check all support file extensions for an existing image. That should solve this for you and prevent a new image from being saved. Is that what you're looking for?

Yes. If you have an existing image, do not replace.

• 2 weeks later...
blade005

Well, right now, I have to

@,

I assume you are still having to manually manage this particular Series DVR Recordings? I am getting the same with a THE FLASH (1990) folder being created every week for NEW recordings. The Season Number, Episode Number, Episode Detail and Poster Art all show correctly for THE FLASH (2014)in the Emby Guide, but the DVR recording keeps identifying it as the 1990 version.

Luke indicated during the Beta that this would be corrected in future releases, but I am on Stable 4.0.1.0 and the behavior persists. Have you figured out any work around?

@,

I assume you are still having to manually manage this particular Series DVR Recordings? I am getting the same with a THE FLASH (1990) folder being created every week for NEW recordings. The Season Number, Episode Number, Episode Detail and Poster Art all show correctly for THE FLASH (2014)in the Emby Guide, but the DVR recording keeps identifying it as the 1990 version.

Luke indicated during the Beta that this would be corrected in future releases, but I am on Stable 4.0.1.0 and the behavior persists. Have you figured out any work around?

Please see my response to your posting. Thanks.

Guest asrequested

@,

There are two issues, here. 1. simply having the wrong image. 2. incorrectly identifying the show. In our case, the show is being incorrectly identified. Thus providing the wrong image. I have more than one show that does this. What I have done is, once the recorded show is in the library, use the identify option to correct it. It will then always be correct in the library. But it doesn't solve the initial problem of the server getting it wrong, because it still does. 

• Like 1

blade005

There are two issues, here. 1. simply having the wrong image. 2. incorrectly identifying the show. In our case, the show is being incorrectly identified. Thus providing the wrong image. I have more than one show that does this. What I have done is, once the recorded show is in the library, use the identify option to correct it. It will then always be correct in the library. But it doesn't solve the initial problem of the server getting it wrong, because it still does. 

@

For THE FLASH (2014) I am getting a folder named THE FLASH (1990) that is created. Are you getting the same and then just leaving the incorrectly named folder 'as is' and identifying it as the 2014 version? I just wasn't sure if every weeks recording would overwrite anything we may have adjusted. I guess I will let another week go by and see what it creates. Not sure what that would do to someone that might also have the 1990 version in their library.

Thanks for following up.

Guest asrequested

@

For THE FLASH (2014) I am getting a folder named THE FLASH (1990) that is created. Are you getting the same and then just leaving the incorrectly named folder 'as is' and identifying it as the 2014 version? I just wasn't sure if every weeks recording would overwrite anything we may have adjusted. I guess I will let another week go by and see what it creates. Not sure what that would do to someone that might also have the 1990 version in their library.

Thanks for following up.

Yeah, that's what I'm doing. The server identifies it incorrectly and creates a new folder based on that ID. So all the new shows are recorded in that folder.  I actually have three folders that the server has created, over time. But all the new episodes are in the 1990 folder.

5c560740d66b2_Snapshot_140.jpg

blade005

Yeah, that's what I'm doing. The server identifies it incorrectly and creates a new folder based on that ID. So all the new shows are recorded in that folder.  I actually have three folders that the server has created, over time. But all the new episodes are in the 1990 folder.

5c560740d66b2_Snapshot_140.jpg

I am not alone!!  Exact same folder situation here. Thanks. I will do the same as you and just roll with it for now.

Same,  my problem is I have all the different episodes and I'm missing a couple of episodes and I try to fill them which makes it rather difficult to do.