Wrong picture for active recording

Guest asrequested

It does this in a few places including Active Records, Schedule and Series.  No way to currently update the info to make it match.

I've got a dozen or so shows like this.

Guest asrequested

I'm aware that it's probably because there was no (year) in the guide data, but since the change to use the year when recording is recent, I thought I'd report it.

It's annoying. We were forced to merge our recording folders because of the year. Now it appears we need to continually do that.

kanipek

I'm aware that it's probably because there was no (year) in the guide data, but since the change to use the year when recording is recent, I thought I'd report it.

It's annoying. We were forced to merge our recording folders because of the year. Now it appears we need to continually do that.

There is a date(at least using XMLTV). It is not the year it premiered though but the date of the airing.

I don't know if it is possible to use that in some way (talking Emby-Server) or not.

<programme start="20181017000000" stop="20181017010000" channel="EPG123.34516.schedulesdirect.org">
    <title>The Flash</title>
    <sub-title>Blocked</sub-title>
    <desc>Barry and Team Flash track down a meta that is stealing high-tech weapons, only to cross paths with a new foe named Cicada, who is hunting the very same meta, with nefarious intent.  

Season 05, Episode 02</desc>
    <credits>
      <director>Kim Miles</director>
      <actor role="Barry Allen/The Flash">Grant Gustin</actor>
      <actor role="Iris West">Candice Patton</actor>
      <actor role="Caitlin Snow">Danielle Panabaker</actor>
      <actor role="Cisco Ramon/Vibe">Carlos Valdes</actor>
      <actor role="Dr. Harrison Wells">Tom Cavanagh</actor>
      <actor role="Detective Joe West">Jesse L. Martin</actor>
      <actor role="Julian Albert">Tom Felton</actor>
      <writer>Eric Wallace</writer>
      <writer>Judalina Neira</writer>
      <producer>Greg Berlanti</producer>
      <producer>Andrew Kreisberg</producer>
      <producer>David Nutter</producer>
      <producer>Sarah Schechter</producer>
      <guest>Jessica Parker Kennedy</guest>
      <guest>Chris Klein</guest>
    </credits>
    <date>20181016</date>
    <category>Series</category>
    <category>Drama</category>
    <category>Action</category>
    <category>Adventure</category>
    <category>Fantasy</category>
    <language>en</language>
    <icon src="https://s3.amazonaws.com/schedulesdirect/assets/p10781465_b_h3_af.jpg" />
    <episode-num system="dd_progid">EP01922936.0099</episode-num>
    <episode-num system="xmltv_ns">4.1.0/1</episode-num>
    <video>
      <quality>HDTV</quality>
    </video>
    <audio>
      <stereo>dolby digital</stereo>
    </audio>
    <new />
    <subtitles type="teletext" />
    <rating system="VCHIP">
      <value>TV-PG</value>
    </rating>
    <rating system="USA Parental Rating">
      <value>TVPG</value>
    </rating>
  </programme> 

Guest asrequested

It was recording the season premiere while I posted. So it actually had the correct date. So this shouldn't have happened.

Diedrich

I've been living with this for over a year, it's a bit distracting. As mentioned above, there is currently no way to edit the schedule info, and there is no way to edit the channel numbers. Both are minor annoyances that will hopefully garner some attention. For me, it's The Flash and America's Test Kitchen that have naming/identification issues.

Edited by Diedrich

I post process the files and move them from Recordings to Movies and TV Shows with a rename via FileBot.

I try and keep my actual Recording directory empty (everything processed as quickly as possible).

That helps for the recordings themselves (everyone else) but doesn't help me with the schedules and series tab.

That isn't the issue.  It's when Emby tries to match the show on it's own.

Try recording "The Five" 5pm Fox News for a perfect example.

You will probably not have Guide EPG picture info for that.  However if you set it up as a series it will match the tv show "The Five" even if you don't have that on your system but do have many other episode of the news show.  That also affect the "don't record episodes that already exist" as well.

Same issue with many of the reboot shows or other shows that get confused by the year.  They can't match properly to existing directories in your libraries. Existing episodes as well as "keep only X shows" and anything related like that will not work properly.

Guest asrequested

Here's what I wish we could do, is use identify for recording schedules. Or manually correct the show identity. The episode was correctly named, it just attributed it to the wrong show.

Edited by Doofus

paulsalter

Does a fix match at the show level of the recording make any difference

This is one i have (its not a remake of a previous one so not sure if that is the issue)

Guide data called it White Dragon

After the first episode i did a fix match at the show level, to match it against Strangers

All the files are still named with White Dragon, but the data it retrieves is all for Strangers

5bc0e1518ad3b_strangers.jpg

Edited by paulsalter

The identify feature does not rename files. And it does not affect the file name of future recordings. That all comes from guide data.

Guest asrequested

It's an existing schedule. The show is already established. For the new season, it deviated. If we could attribute an identity to the schedule, it should fix it in perpetuity.

Guest asrequested

The identify feature does not rename files. And it does not affect the file name of future recordings. That all comes from guide data.

Ok, if identify can't be used, give us a field so we can specify the show folder. If we use that, have it override the guide data and rely on a library scan.

• Like 3

paulsalter

Rename the original as The Flash (YYYY) not sure of the year without looking it up

Assuming the new ones are just in a folder as 'The Flash', do a fix in metadata manager to point it to the new show

I have done this with other shows in the past and it works fine 

for you library, doesnt change anything in EPG

Not sure if your comment was aimed at me, Luke, but i never suggested renaming anything

Guest asrequested

Rename the original as The Flash (YYYY) not sure of the year without looking it up

Assuming the new ones are just in a folder as 'The Flash', do a fix in metadata manager to point it to the new show

I have done this with other shows in the past and it works fine

for you library, doesnt change anything in EPG

Not sure if your comment was aimed at me, Luke, but i never suggested renaming anything

Did you look at my pictures? Your suggestions can't work. Everytime there's a deviation, the server creates a separate folder, then I manually correct it.

paulsalter

Yes thanks, i looked at your pictures

Just offering a solution which has worked for me in similar situations

Good luck getting it fixed