Question about my service provider

TheChugz

What we see in the logs provided simply indicate an interruption in the stream and all users so far who have reported the issue are accessing the same provider's servers.

Have you tried lowering the in-app bitrate setting?

BaconFeet

The service provider for one of the media servers

So this happening with other service providers?

Is the LG OS based off Android? From our testing, this bug is only happening with Android devices. iOS / Webviewer work as intended. 

Does the pause resolve itself when direct streaming (playback correction) or transcoding? 

batcave7

Hi Emby Admin or anyone that can help, I tried to use the playback correction option, but I'm unsure what it should do during playback of a movie or TV show in an Android box. During the playback of a movie/TV show it sometimes freezes, I told because of a software bug, when this happens, I select the  Playback Correction option then I select "Yes", the show buffers for a moment then starts playing again, later in the show it freezes again, so here is where I am confused on the function of the Playback Correction function. Please help.

Hi Emby Admin or anyone that can help, I tried to use the playback correction option, but I'm unsure what it should do during playback of a movie or TV show in an Android box. During the playback of a movie/TV show it sometimes freezes, I told because of a software bug, when this happens, I select the  Playback Correction option then I select "Yes", the show buffers for a moment then starts playing again, later in the show it freezes again, so here is where I am confused on the function of the Playback Correction function. Please help.

Hi, as we stated above, there is no software bug we are aware of here.  This simply sounds like you are trying to play content with a higher bitrate than your connection can handle.

Did you try lowering the bitrate setting in the app?

TheChugz

I just don't get this, first y'all collided my post which I understand but name it question bout my service provider then one admin tells us the update will have improved playback then tells us to pretend he didn't say that then another admin blames the server and says after a bunch of ppl saying they having problems with Android app that he is unaware of any problems, not trying to be irritating but what is going on with this picture, if it's not the app why do I stream perfect on the website, I love emby, love using emby, but I would delete this thread we are on, cause it makes no sense , I'll just deal with watching the site Instead of app, and I'll check back every now and then and see if app is acting right, but I'd delete this

batcave7

Hi, I understand that you have no issues reported in this area, but I am seeing it, not only on my system but friends as well running your software. My download speeds is over 300 Mbps, none of the 4k movies that we are viewing exceeds 65 Mbps bitrate to the LG TV. Even when I run this internally from my own 4TB harddrive across 1 GB connection internal, I still see the same problem. If you could give me some directions on where to start to troubleshoot the problem, that would be appreciated, as well as do you have a release date on the fix for the Android ops running Emby freezing issue, stated by the people from Baconfeet.

Thanks.

batcave7

Hi Emby Admin, 

One thing I forgot to say, I really do like the emby environment, I just need a little help making it run smooth for me and my friends.

Thanks.