Question about my service provider

TheChugz

TheChugz

When I first installed emby it worked flawlessly now it freezes during playback sometimes after a short time it starts back sometimes it doesn't, I just want it to work like it did when I first installed it.

mastrmind11

When I first installed emby it worked flawlessly now it freezes during playback sometimes after a short time it starts back sometimes it doesn't, I just want it to work like it did when I first installed it.

sooo... what have you tried to get it working again?

TheChugz

Actually I've been trying different things, I got a VPN and it seems so far not to be freezing up, unless it changes might have been a problem with my isp the whole time

TheChugz

All working great I'm a idiot for not trying this first, just didn't think it would be the problem since it worked great before, but I was wrong.

TheChugz

Nevermind I spoke too soon, my username is TheChugz and I just sent logs via the app please tell me whats going on lol, it was working fine with the VPN then started right back, I have uninstalled the app and reinstalled, I dont know what to do

Edited by TheChugz

TheChugz

Update: I got ahold of one over my server, not a overload issue, to prove this to me, he told me to go to https://app.emby.media, so I did not one thing froze all day, but when I use Android TV app on 2 different devices it freezes, I wanted to wait till I watched for awhile before I stick my foot in my mouth like I did before on this thread.I talked to a couple ppl who use emby, they said they have the same problem they just stick to using the site, But oh well guess I'll have to wait for emby Android TV app to get a update and hopefully it will come with a fix for this. Till then I'll just use https://app.emby.media, I love emby too much to give up lol

TheChugz

Update: I got ahold of one over my server, not a overload issue, to prove this to me, he told me to go to https://app.emby.media, so I did not one thing froze all day, but when I use Android TV app on 2 different devices it freezes, I wanted to wait till I watched for awhile before I stick my foot in my mouth like I did before on this thread.I talked to a couple ppl who use emby, they said they have the same problem they just stick to using the site, But oh well guess I'll have to wait for emby Android TV app to get a update and hopefully it will come with a fix for this. Till then I'll just use https://app.emby.media, I love emby too much to give up lol

BaconFeet

The next release of the emby android tv app will have improved playback.

Is it advisable to have users upgrade to the latest beta version for Android in the meantime? 

batcave7

I'm seeing a simular playback problem when installed on my LG TV (4K movies playback). Can you tell us when you will be releasing a fix for this playback problem. I'm also seeing it on my Nvidia shield boxes, every few minutes of playback I get a pause, 4k or just 1080P viewing.

Jdiesel

Is it just that the web app has a more generous buffer compared to the internal player in some of the Emby apps? Sounds like it is a symptom of a high latency network. Are you able to run a continuous traceroute to look for and routing issues? I'd try running MTR or WinMTR for 15-30 minutes and look for any slow routes or dropped packets. 

BaconFeet

I believe his bug is only related to direct playing. Direct streaming or transcoding work correctly. 

Nginx logs shows no dropped packets. This issue has only surfaced from last weekend (Oct 5th) and no configuration changes were made at this time. 

Disk IO looks normal as it was before.

I'm seeing a simular playback problem when installed on my LG TV (4K movies playback). Can you tell us when you will be releasing a fix for this playback problem. I'm also seeing it on my Nvidia shield boxes, every few minutes of playback I get a pause, 4k or just 1080P viewing.

We are not aware of anything that needs to be fixed at this time.

Are you using the same provider for your media?

batcave7

Yes, I ran it from the same media server, ran the same movie with freezing from both. I tried running it with some 1080P recorded shows from the same server on my LG TV, some freezing, but not as bad as the 4K side. The service provider for one of the media servers assured me that this was a Emby issue, that you guys knew about this issue, but maybe not on the LG side. I can say that from my Nvidia Shield sometimes it does not matter which server I'm on (local or remote), every 5 to 12 minutes it freezes-up, requiring me to press the play option to get things running again.