Aeon MQ5 support

allen00se

sfnetwork

This is very interesting, MQ5 is the only skin I use in XBMC.

I'm following this tread  ;)

• Like 1

im85288

I had a quick look too but only at the code, nice start but if you aim to make the skin support both MB3 and normal XBMC it's best to do this from the start. I may start adapting this if @@xnappo is not already progressing on it as it does seem a nice skin.

• Like 1

xnappo

Go for it - I won't mess with it until this weekend, and I am also going to start working on Aeon Nox Gotham.

I could actually use it as an example of how to go about making it backwards compatible myself.

xnappo

Edited by xnappo
  • Like 1

allen00se

Great - can you go to settings->collaborators and add me?  (xnappo is my Git userid too)

xnappo, you have been added.

• Like 1

jasonmcroy

Awesome guys! I keep switching back and forth between ConfluenceXBMB3C, Emminence and Aeon MQ5. So far, I like the slick look and feel of MQ5 the most and it works pretty good as it is with only a few minor things. If you guys can enhance this skin to support the plugin as well as the other skins you're working on, I think I will have found my new favorite skin!

I really wish I was knowledgeable enough to help you guys. I have only played around with the xml files on some other skins but I never know which ones to edit as there always seems to be so many of them! There are always little things I'd like to change but have so far been unsuccessful in achieving any results. 

Anyway, I really appreciate what you guys are doing here!

-Jason

• Like 1

im85288

Ok guys I have a version ready for testing and will create a new thread for it. In the end I just did it from fresh and there are still some areas that may need further changes. So the github address for it is: https://github.com/im85288/skin.aeonmq5.xbmb3c. If you would like to make changes just fork the repo and make pull requests that will then be merged or if you want repo access just let me know.