Emby wont connect to server after install

gizmo781
Go to solution Solved by Angelblue05,

gizmo781

Hi,

I've installed the latest Emby Kodi plugin and the dependencies. After installing the plugin it doesn't offer options to select an Emby server. When I select the Emby addon, the 'Configure' options is grey'ed out, so I cant manually enter the server details either.

Log attached.

Thanks for any help.

gizmo781

The only place I can access the add-on is via "MyAdd-ons". When I select the Emby add-on, "configure" and "run" are greyed out. "Update", "Auto-update", "Disable" and "Uninstall" are only available to select.

The Emby add-on does not appear in the "Video add-ons" section.

Edited by gizmo781

Angelblue05

I run 17.6 on my main system and no issues here...

So just to make sure, you installed the dependencies first, then the add-on v 3.1.x?

Angelblue05

You installed the 0.12 dependencies, correct? I think maybe a kodi debug log will be needed if this persists. I can't think of what could potentially prevent the add-on from running.

gizmo781

Still the same issue with 0.12 dependencies.

Also, I've tried both 1.0.5 and 1.0.3 of the Emby add-on. I'll post a debug log.

Thanks.

• Solution
Angelblue05

Uninstall everything emby for kodi you installed previously.

Install the beta repo (1.0.5). Then, install from repo > emby beta add-ons > video add-ons > emby for kodi.

Edited by Angelblue05

gizmo781

Sorry, I thought I did.

I hadnt seen your other message:

"Uninstall everything emby for kodi you installed previously.

Install the beta repo (1.0.5). Then, install from repo > emby beta add-ons > video add-ons > emby for kodi."

I just tried that now and it seems to connect to my server!

I am not however seeing movies in the 'movies' page, but I dont have any dependencies installed now. Should I go ahead and install the 0.12 ones?

• Like 1

Angelblue05

No, when you install from repo, it automatically installs the dependencies for you.

What happened after you connected to your server?

gizmo781

Nothing really. It said the add-on was installed. I expected to see some sort of progress bar while it was importing the movies, but that didn't happen.

I can see the movie content via Movies > Video add-ons > Emby > Movies. 

I dont see movie posters etc in the main Movies section however.

Angelblue05

It should have asked you which library you want to sync to Kodi. Did it not ask you any questions? Did you have the stable add-on installed previously?

Try the following: Launch emby for kodi > reset local database > yes/no/no to the questions. Then when Kodi starts, let me know if that works out for you.

Angelblue05

Glad you got it working. :)

As this is beta still, there may still be some bugs. Let me know if you encounter any issues so that I can fix them.