Shield Favorites limited to 50 shows?

Lex_

I'm in the process of trying to shift from Plex to Emby. On the Nvidia Shield Emby client there appears to be a limit of displaying favorites to just 50 TV shows. You can add as many as you want, but only scroll through the first 50. This seems arbitrary ... is there any way to eliminate the 50-show limit?  I would think an app that can stream 100GB 4k videos could probably handle a tagged list of >50 ... say, 50,000 ... easily?  :huh:

I'd be delighted if I'm just missing a simple way to display more favorites. 

Edited by alex8888

Hi.  What would be the point of having 50,000 favorites...?

This is a performance limitation at the moment.  That particular view just doesn't have the transparent paging that most of the others do because it really hasn't been necessary to this point.  We can implement it for the next release.

Hi.  What would be the point of having 50,000 favorites...?

This is a performance limitation at the moment.  That particular view just doesn't have the transparent paging that most of the others do because it really hasn't been necessary to this point.  We can implement it for the next release.

Well, yes... it's possible I was just joking about 50,000  :wacko:  :P , while suggesting that 50 seems a bit low in the era of quantum computing [and no, sadly I am not running Emby on a quantum computer yet].  Point is, some of the family create fav lists, collections, etc bigger than 50. I could just tell them that no human needs more than 50 of anything, but I don't think I'll ever win that argument.

Thank you for the prospective implementation in the next release! I hope it's not too much work. In the interim they are just using a Roku rather than a Shield because the Roku Emby client allows them an infinite number of Favs.