Nvidia Shield Pro/Google Drive

EODCrafter

EODCrafter

@@Luke - doesn't quite work like that on any Linux core. Needs mounting using FUSE and, sadly, FUSE isn't available for Android as it was replaced with SDCARDFS back in Android O

Like I say, I'll work on WebDAV and report back!

Any Updates on this? Still would like to try to Use my unlimited Google Drive as a Library location for Emby Android Nvidia Shield Server.

Edited by EODCrafter

BAlGaInTl

Then go put it in the Feature Request forum and hope for upvotes...

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

That request already exists I think:

https://emby.media/community/index.php?/topic/33488-google-drive-as-source/

I suggest stating your case there and upvoting the feature request.

Personally, I like the rPi solution as that also alows all sort of other devices to also see/share your media.

I think the problem is that you see it as you have Google Drive on your Shield, and really, that's not the case which is why Emby can't see it.  Nothing is mounted... you just have an app that uses an API to interact with your Google drive.  Currently there isn't a way to mount drive on an AndroidTV.  So the best bet is to mount it on another system that supports it, and then share that.

You can at least "try" it with your system that you don't want to keep on all the time, and if that works, you can consider the rPi solution.  It could sit quitely anywhere on your network.  Hard to believe that there isn't a single network port available somehere, but that is also easy to fix.

I certainly get what you are going for though.

BAlGaInTl

I think the problem is that the OP wants native Emby access, or for the mount to be on the Nvidia Shield itself.

I don't think CloudXtender does that does it?

CBers

I think the problem is that the OP wants native Emby access, or for the mount to be on the Nvidia Shield itself.

I don't think CloudXtender does that does it?

Fair enough.

EODCrafter

This will provide no solution for Nvidia Shield and Emby Server. I wish I knew more about Programming/Android cause the Drive is accessible with my X-Plore app....I just wonder if it would reliably Stream Media Files from Google Drive into Emby on the Shield. I know if I watch a video on Google Drive with the X-Plore App it will play just fine.

Edited by EODCrafter

BAlGaInTl

This will provide no solution for Nvidia Shield and Emby Server. I wish I knew more about Programming/Android cause the Drive is accessible with my X-Plore app....I just wonder if it would reliably Stream Media Files from Google Drive into Emby on the Shield. I know if I watch a video on Google Drive with the X-Plore App it will play just fine.

Did you go post in and like the feature request I linked above? That's the best way to get attention for a feature.

New features have to be prioritized, and take time. You shouldn't expect that one Android application can just access another. That isn't the way that permissions work, and would be a huge security risk for Android/Google and end users.

• 7 months later...