Scan library overload my DS214Play

smoal

solabc16

Hello @@smoal

Glad to hear that's moved us forward. There may be options within the client applications to override the subtitle defaults, that would be worth investigating.

It's not something I have enough first hand experience of to point you at a specific solution, I'm sure others can help.

Alternatively, there are a number of MKV tools available, so you could edit the MKV to either remove the subtitles altogether or change the default and forced flags to No.

If you do need subtitles and cannot direct play, then alternate solutions such as those mentioned above might be the answer.

Keep us posted with your progress - Emby Server will run well on your platform, there are a lot of users here with 'evansport' based systems, but it will be limited as far as media transcoding capability goes.

Best

- James

Are you playing in the web app? Web browsers do not support pgs subtitles. That's why they need transcoding if you turn the subtitles on.

I would configure your emby user preferences to set the default subtitle mode to off. Then subtitles will be off by default.

Hi,

Yes, I am playing from the webapp (easier to test), I didn't know it causes the problem with subtitles.

I just saw there were logs in the server dashboard (sorry, my bad). Since I am a .NET programmer, it is very instructive. Tonight, the server crashes, but this is another story...

Please note that even with a 100% cpu usage during the scan library, the new version of the emby server let some cpu to navigate through the dashboard, it is a good point.

Thanks for your support.

solabc16

Hello @@smoal

Thanks for the update, do you mean Emby Server crashed or DSM?

If Emby Server, then run the send logs utility and I'll take a look.

Best

- James