Clicking on Recording in progress from the guide does not start from beginning

jfgilliam

jfgilliam

I have a series recording scheduled. When clicking on the show from the guide while it is currently recording, does not play the recording. It goes straight to live. Once there, you cannot even scrub back to the beginning. It doesn't show up under "Recordings" or "Schedule". Am I doing something wrong? How do I watch a series while it is recording?

• Like 1

bungee91

This would be a basic feature you'd expect, but is not implemented at this time when selecting the program from the guide.

To start from the beginning of an in-progress recording you must start it from the recent recordings tab (where it will have the red dot showing it is currently recording), or select the recording from your libraries recordings folder.

Edited by bungee91
  • Like 1

jfgilliam

This would be a basic feature you'd expect, but is not implemented at this time when selecting the program from the guide.

To start from the beginning of an in-progress recording you must start it from the recent recordings tab (where it will have the red dot showing it is currently recording), or select the recording from your libraries recordings folder.

That's what I thought as well. And actually was able to do that with a "non-series" recording. But, it seams the series recording did not put the current show in those locations. I even refreshed the web browser many times looking for it.

maegibbons

@@Luke and @@ebr

Are you taking note?

Most STB's would either automatically take you to the start of the recording or give you the option to do that or play Live from now.

So this is a valid improvement that needs to be added to the apps.

Krs

Mark

• Like 1

jfgilliam

@@Luke and @@ebr

Are you taking note?

Most STB's would either automatically take you to the start of the recording or give you the option to do that or play Live from now.

So this is a valid improvement that needs to be added to the apps.

Krs

Mark

I would say, why ask. Just start from beginning or where you left off (in case you left and came back). You can always scrub to live if you want to. 99% of the time you're going to want to start at the beginning or where you left off.

jfgilliam

So, I found it on the Home screen under latest shows. When you click it, it will start from the beginning of the program. I assume at the moment, this is the only place I can do this (I was worried there wasn't a way). I can't stress enough how important this is for the adoption rate of using Emby as a DVR in my household. I will admit, our benchmark is the Xfinity DVR. I needs to play the recording from the other places as well.

Edited by jfgilliam

bungee91

https://emby.media/community/index.php?/topic/55829-feature-request-android-tv-make-changing-live-tv-channel-easier-single-click-and-remote-control-support/&do=findComment&comment=544179

February....

I guess I agree you don't have to ask, but I envisioned it that way back then.

However, I do think we're getting closer to getting things like this implemented, as well as (dare I say) wish list/keyword style recordings being possible with the new search improvements?

Ahhh WMC you were ahead of your time..  B)

• 1 year later...

This all well and good, but if you start the playback of the recording using either of those two options, it works like streaming. That is, it only streams about two minutes at a time from the beginning. You can’t have it go to 30 minutes into a 60 minute recording. You have to wait for it to buffer until it gets to 30 minutes.

Not very workable if I have already seen the first 30 (or more) minutes. I have to wait that long before watching new content in this program.

Or I can wait until is complete, start from the beginning, and THEN scrub to where I want to go. This is like a VCR from the 80’s. What progress!