Regex Improvements for Anime Plugin

draic

The anime plugin handles filenames different than standard emby, but some conventions should be implemented to improve the experience.

Absolute Numbering in the Anime Plugin will not recognize a number if it is after an underscore instead of space. So "Foo 02" will be recognized as Episode 2 but "Foo_02" won't. This should be very easy to fix.

Numbers that are inside brackets [] shouldn't get recognized as episode numbers. Episodes often get confused because of additional informations which are always in brackets. Example: "Foo 01 [bD 1080p DTS-HD 2.1].mkv" should be episode 1, but will get recognized as episode 2 (because of the "2.1" in the brackets). "()" shouldn't be ignored for the episode recognition, but "[]" should be.

Edited by draic

Well, filename parsing actually happens in the server core.

ah my bad. While googling I found that people on the forum mentioned that ignoring brackets was already implemented, so assumed that was the case and was just somehow getting screwed up by the plugin. But seems that the post was just inaccurate. I would think the proposed changes would improve matching in general :x

Edited by draic