Emby for Kodi - Difference between kodi on windows vs libreelec

rterblanche
Go to solution Solved by sualfred,

rterblanche

Need some advice. I am seeing a difference between the way my TV Show library work on kodi on windows vs libreelec.

I am not sure if it's an Emby for Kodi setting or a kodi setting.

When I open my tv shows from the main menu on windows kodi I get the following view showing my shows immediately.

post-350023-0-31256300-1536049734_thumb.jpg

But when I do the same on libreelec I get the following view. If I select Titles I get the same view at above that I get on windows :

post-350023-0-94913000-1536049745_thumb.jpg

I am running the beta Emby for Kodi and running nightly's of Kodi on windows and Libreelec.

If this a setting or is there a difference in how Emby for Kodi works ? 

Thanks Rudolph

Angelblue05

In your Kodi settings > Media settings > Video > Enable flatten hierarchy

Edited by Angelblue05

rterblanche

Unfortunately tried flattened and not and didn't make a difference.

Strangely both were clean installs with no customisation and both were off376cdfa0f08d1733666663abf6466a39.jpg

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

Been running Emby for Kodi (non beta) on LibreELEC 8.2.5 with no flattening pb so far.

I'd say you have a setup issue somewhere in LibreELEC/Kodi? Maybe you could try with a new LE/Kodi profile to make sure?

• Solution
sualfred
						<item>
							<label>$LOCALIZE[20343]</label>
							<onclick condition="Library.HasContent(tvshows) + Skin.HasSetting(home_no_categories_widget)">ActivateWindow(Videos,videodb://tvshows/,return)</onclick>
							<onclick condition="Library.HasContent(tvshows) + !Skin.HasSetting(home_no_categories_widget)">ActivateWindow(Videos,videodb://tvshows/titles/,return)</onclick>
							<onclick condition="!Library.HasContent(tvshows)">ActivateWindow(Videos,sources://video/,return)</onclick>
							<property name="menu_id">$NUMBER[6000]</property>
							<thumb>icons/sidemenu/tv.png</thumb>
							<property name="id">tvshows</property>
							<visible>!Skin.HasSetting(HomeMenuNoTVShowButton)</visible>
						</item>

That's the menu point of the default Estuary skin. You have disabled a setting called "Enable category widgets" in the skin settings. Just reenable it.

• Like 2

rterblanche

That's it thanks. Knew it was something simple. Just couldn't find the difference between the two installs

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

sualfred

Np.

If you still want disable the category widgets you can adjust this part in the home.xml of the estuary skin to the snipped below. This also applies for the movie and music item.

<item>
							<label>$LOCALIZE[20343]</label>
							<onclick condition="Library.HasContent(tvshows)">ActivateWindow(Videos,videodb://tvshows/titles/,return)</onclick>
							<onclick condition="!Library.HasContent(tvshows)">ActivateWindow(Videos,sources://video/,return)</onclick>
							<property name="menu_id">$NUMBER[6000]</property>
							<thumb>icons/sidemenu/tv.png</thumb>
							<property name="id">tvshows</property>
							<visible>!Skin.HasSetting(HomeMenuNoTVShowButton)</visible>
						</item>