Chromecast Volume

tinskip

I noticed that the Emby Android app is not using the Chromecast volume gain, but is instead doing its own, resulting in the total gain = gain(Chromecast) * gain(Emby).

For example, If I go to the Home app, and lower the volume to 0, emby won't play at all.  So the Chromecast volume has to be 100% to behave correctly.  This becomes kind of tedious if you use chromecast on more than one app: you have to set the gain in that other app to 100% before disconnecting and connecting with Emby.

rpoitras

Not OP, but I noticed the same thing. When connected to CC, Emby still uses/controls its own volume instead of using the CC volume (i.e. there are TWO separate volumes: CC and Emby). And this is reflected in the label shown for the volume slider. It will say "Emby".

When using other apps like Google Play Music or Prime Music connected to CC, changing the volume affects the CC volume only and is also reflected by the label shown for the volume slider as it says "Chromecast Audio", or something similar.

Also, just FYI, Emby through CC seems to use a lot more battery than Play/Prime Music and not sure why.

• 2 weeks later...

I also noticed that there is something wrong with the volume over chromecast. When switching between different apps that cast to chromecast, volume usually doesn't have to be adjusted. Except if Emby is involved It's volume is always wrong, compared to other apps.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Sorry, I forgot to reply. I tested the provided apk and can confirm that it's much better now. It still seems that Emby is somewhat louder than other Apps via Chromecast, but I haven't dug into this further.

• 5 months later...
processcreative

Hi folks, was this resolved at all? I've just posted my exact same issue. I have the latest Emby app for Android and it behaves exactly the way mentioned above. Thanks in advance.

Hi folks, was this resolved at all? I've just posted my exact same issue. I have the latest Emby app for Android and it behaves exactly the way mentioned above. Thanks in advance.

Hi, yes it was. We'll respond to you in your thread you started. Thanks.