Live TV on Chromecast force full screen

ggibson793

ggibson793

I totally believe it is working as designed, and other than this one thing it is top notch. However, since about 2/3 of the channels we get are not in HD, this one thing has suddenly become very large.

I think it is awesome that you are being very responsive to this and I appreciate it. Please let me know if it looks like this is possible. For now I have not decided what solution I want to go to on a long term basis, and Emby is definitely a front runner right now.

I realize this would all be much simpler if the HDHomerun would provide the stream in a stretched format, but I have not found any settings in it that can make that happen.

Sent from my P008 using Tapatalk

The problem is not all SD channels broadcast this way.  Also, the reason they broadcast this way is due to the differing aspect ratio of the content (some may be 4:3 with others 16:9).

ggibson793

The problem is not all SD channels broadcast this way. Also, the reason they broadcast this way is due to the differing aspect ratio of the content (some may be 4:3 with others 16:9).

I get this. But since the logs already show that it recognizes this, would it not be possible to stretch it to use maximum width or maximun height?

Sent from my VS988 using Tapatalk

ggibson793

It actually already is stretched. The problem is that the stretched output contains the black borders.

I guess I am confused then. Your logs show the resolution is being recognized. The Android app and the iOS use the full width of the screen no matter what the source resolution is, so I don't understand why Chromecast cant do the same.

Sent from my VS988 using Tapatalk

Those apps are probably direct playing without transcoding, and i imagine their video player will have some built in handling for this.

• 1 year later...

The Emby web app will have aspect ratio adjustment in the video player in the upcoming Emby Server 4.3 release. Thanks.