Emby server and apps non-responsive

wyldemusick

wyldemusick

As i just lost my entire typescript --

Emby server is quite often sluggish and unresponsive. May show libraries on the home page of the web app, but nothing else. If it shows the libraries, it will show nothing inside them more often than not. Lots of time with the spinner.

Similar issues with the Roku, iOS, and Android apps. I've very occasionally been able to watch or listen to things, but even when I can get into a library and get it to display items, the library is usually incomplete. Artist sorts in music return either endless spinner, or very partial results.

As I recently added two libraries, I'm loathe to execute a restart (it's grindingly slowly towards 100% on those two.)

If I can get a response on the web app or the iOS or Android app, I can sometimes cast to the Roku app on the TV.

embyserver.txt

embyserver-63671356800.txt

Hi.  Did you see my comment in your other thread?

It sounded like, at one point, you installed the beta version of the server.  If you did, and then shut it down and went back to the stable version, it is very likely your database is in some incompatible state and will need to be re-built.

Yea it does look like there has been a roll back and that's going to cause problems. 

Also is your I: drive unavailable?

2018-08-31 23:59:02.303 Error App: Error resolving path I:\Video\Movies\El Laberinto del Fauno 
	*** Error Report ***
	Version: 3.5.2.0
	Command line: C:\Users\David\AppData\Roaming\Emby-Server\system\EmbyServer.dll
	Operating system: Microsoft Windows NT 6.1.7601 Service Pack 1
	64-Bit OS: True
	64-Bit Process: True
	User Interactive: True
	Processor count: 2
	Program data path: C:\Users\David\AppData\Roaming\Emby-Server\programdata
	Application directory: C:\Users\David\AppData\Roaming\Emby-Server\system
	System.IO.DirectoryNotFoundException: Could not find a part of the path 'I:\Video\Movies\El Laberinto del Fauno'.

Happy2Play

You have plugins that are not correct since rolled back to stable also,

2018-08-31 18:27:24.676 Info App: File C:\Users\David\AppData\Roaming\Emby-Server\programdata\plugins\Emby.Server.CinemaMode.dll has version 1.0.3.0
2018-08-31 18:27:24.677 Info App: File C:\Users\David\AppData\Roaming\Emby-Server\system\plugins\Emby.Server.CinemaMode.dll has version 1.0.2.0
2018-08-31 18:27:24.678 Info App: File C:\Users\David\AppData\Roaming\Emby-Server\programdata\plugins\IMVDb.dll has version 1.0.3.0
2018-08-31 18:27:24.678 Info App: File C:\Users\David\AppData\Roaming\Emby-Server\system\plugins\IMVDb.dll has version 1.0.1.0
2018-08-31 18:27:24.679 Info App: File C:\Users\David\AppData\Roaming\Emby-Server\programdata\plugins\OpenSubtitles.dll has version 1.0.4.0
2018-08-31 18:27:24.679 Info App: File C:\Users\David\AppData\Roaming\Emby-Server\system\plugins\OpenSubtitles.dll has version 1.0.2.0

2018-08-31 18:27:24.792 Error App: LoaderException: Could not load file or assembly 'MediaBrowser.Controller, Version=3.6.0.4, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null'. The system cannot find the file specified.
2018-08-31 18:27:24.792 Error App: LoaderException: Could not load file or assembly 'MediaBrowser.Controller, Version=3.6.0.4, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null'. The system cannot find the file specified.
2018-08-31 18:27:24.792 Error App: LoaderException: Could not load file or assembly 'MediaBrowser.Common, Version=3.6.0.4, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null'. The system cannot find the file specified.
2018-08-31 18:27:24.792 Error App: LoaderException: Could not load file or assembly 'MediaBrowser.Common, Version=3.6.0.4, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null'. The system cannot find the file specified.
2018-08-31 18:27:24.792 Error App: LoaderException: Could not load file or assembly 'MediaBrowser.Model, Version=3.6.0.4, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null'. The system cannot find the file specified.
2018-08-31 18:27:24.793 Error App: LoaderException: Could not load file or assembly 'MediaBrowser.Controller, Version=3.6.0.5, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null'. The system cannot find the file specified.
2018-08-31 18:27:24.793 Error App: LoaderException: Could not load file or assembly 'MediaBrowser.Common, Version=3.6.0.5, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null'. The system cannot find the file specified.
2018-08-31 18:27:24.793 Error App: LoaderException: Could not load file or assembly 'MediaBrowser.Controller, Version=3.6.0.5, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null'. The system cannot find the file specified.
2018-08-31 18:27:24.793 Error App: LoaderException: Could not load file or assembly 'MediaBrowser.Model, Version=3.6.0.5, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null'. The system cannot find the file specified.
2018-08-31 18:27:24.793 Error App: LoaderException: Could not load file or assembly 'MediaBrowser.Model, Version=3.6.0.5, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null'. The system cannot find the file specified.
2018-08-31 18:27:24.818 Error App: LoaderException: Could not load file or assembly 'MediaBrowser.Common, Version=3.6.0.5, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null'. The system cannot find the file specified.
2018-08-31 18:27:24.818 Error App: LoaderException: Could not load file or assembly 'MediaBrowser.Common, Version=3.6.0.5, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null'. The system cannot find the file specified.
2018-08-31 18:27:24.818 Error App: LoaderException: Could not load file or assembly 'MediaBrowser.Controller, Version=3.6.0.5, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null'. The system cannot find the file specified.
2018-08-31 18:27:24.818 Error App: LoaderException: Could not load file or assembly 'MediaBrowser.Controller, Version=3.6.0.5, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null'. The system cannot find the file specified.
2018-08-31 18:27:24.818 Error App: LoaderException: Could not load file or assembly 'MediaBrowser.Model, Version=3.6.0.5, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null'. The system cannot find the file specified.
2018-08-31 18:27:24.818 Error App: LoaderException: Could not load file or assembly 'MediaBrowser.Common, Version=3.6.0.5, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null'. The system cannot find the file specified

wyldemusick

Hi.  Did you see my comment in your other thread?

It sounded like, at one point, you installed the beta version of the server.  If you did, and then shut it down and went back to the stable version, it is very likely your database is in some incompatible state and will need to be re-built.

This is baffling, as I was seeing this behaviour before the beta attempt.

As for the beta attempt, it never ran at all as far as I can tell, as the server was completely unresponsive and had to be killed via Task Manager. I'm not sure what the hell was in the system that would cause that, but it doesn't bode well for the 3.6 stable update.

At this point you'd need to either stay on the beta or do a fresh install of stable. We are happy to help either way. Thanks.

wyldemusick

Yea it does look like there has been a roll back and that's going to cause problems. 

Also is your I: drive unavailable?

I drive is present and correct. What *isn't* is the contents of that particular directory, as they were deleted a while back...but not the directory itself.

I can see from what does come up -- I was able to open the TV shows directory, and it's working okay right now -- that Emby lists empty directories. I can go through and clean those up (there's not many), and it might behoove me to get the waifs and strays in their own folders as well.

So, basically, I need to do a full uninstall and start over?

wyldemusick

At this point you'd need to either stay on the beta or do a fresh install of stable. We are happy to help either way. Thanks.

Staying on the beta isn't an option, given its failure to, well, do anything whatsoever. I did a reinstall of 3.5.2, but that's just your basic overwrite install, not a complete uninstall and purge.

I have to say I'm not looking forward to the work of redoing every single library. On the bright side, if there is one and it's not the sun going nova, I hadn't tackled *all* of the libraries as yet.

wyldemusick

That would be my suggestion, yes.

*head/desk interface occurs*

Given that I'm putting in a quad core machine in the next month (first I need the industrial shelving) it might be best if I just scrape the barnacles off for now, and then try Emby on that machine. Though then I'll likely run Ubuntu, so it could be a while new category of calamity.

Ah, who am I kidding? I want to see if I can make this sucker work, so I'll just start over. At least it doesn't involve a computer going toes-up first.

wyldemusick

Further to that directory: it's a phantom. I get those now and then, and it usually means booting a live Ubuntu build and zapping it.

wyldemusick

Alright, you now get the running report of the chaos I'm fomenting.

Uninstalled Emby the old fashioned way, cleaned up any remaining debris, and ran a registry cleaner to get the traces.

Did not reboot. 

I'm now installing the beta. Let's see what happens THIS time!

If it fails, I'' just repeat the process. *scrape scrape*

wyldemusick

Beta is actually running this time. Hrm.

How do I shut off the digital tuner device registration? Avast keeps yelling at me about it.

wyldemusick

Try turning off the server's dlna features, making sure to restart the server afterwards. thanks.

Done. Hesitant to reboot right now, though, as I have a library update torturously grinding its way along. I haven't even redone everything yet.

On the whole, this seems to be running better than 3.5.2 did, but I also haven't tried playing anything (much.) I need to go by the wiki and see what's what with the books, though.