Next Pvr

Luke

This is live in the catalog, although you won't be able to get it until your server has updated. Enjoy.

• Like 3

WWWestern

How to add my analogue tuner "Behold TV 407 FM" with BDA driver? In Devices list in NPVR is only IPTV device.  :(

Sven

How to add my analogue tuner "Behold TV 407 FM" with BDA driver? In Devices list in NPVR is only IPTV device.  :(

At work the website of nextpvr is blocked. But is the card compatible with nextpvr? Could you check the hardware requirements on their site?

Spaceboy

can someone confirm, does nextpvr support encryption through CI cards? I.e can i decrypt my Sky UK channels with appropriate hardware?

Jooced

How do I get this to show up in MBT? Am I missing something or is it not ready yet?

So far it's working awesome on the server side.

Edited by Jooced

jasonmcroy

Awesome work Sven and Luke! I just installed it and now I can view the guide and other items without having NEWA bookmarked on my toolbar. I like things to be in one place.

I have been using Nextpvr for the past month in anticipation of this plugin coming soon, so thank you very much for this!

Jason

• Like 1

WWWestern

I found a workaround: I ran IPTV broadcasting by my tuner software, caught it using NPVR and eventually got on the MBS webclient. ;) But all this is load high the CPU due to transcoding and using ffmpeg. Totally up to 98%.

BTW In Live TV -> Status is listed no tuner.

Sven

Hmm, maybe ask on the nextpvr forums?

I don't know the tuner card, so.

BTW: The people from nextpvr are very helpful!

WWWestern

At work the website of nextpvr is blocked. But is the card compatible with nextpvr? Could you check the hardware requirements on their site?

I am sure that tuner meets the stated compatibility requirements:

1. supported TV standards: DVB-S/T/C, ATSC/QAM, Analog with H.264, HE-AAC, E-AC3, AC3 and MPEG2 codecs.

And I followed the instructions from http://www.gbpvr.com/nwiki/pmwiki.php?n=Walkthrough.AddingAnAnalogDevice

<Device filter="Behold TV 407 FM: A/V Capture [Slot 3]">
   <Name>Behold TV 407 FM</Name>
   <Type>SOFT_ENCODE</Type>
</Device>

Edited by WWWestern

WWWestern

I think it's useless, no one will take away the need for Mainconcept (it could do years ago). For the rest, ffmpeg is the most disgusting thingy of those that I met recently, and there's nothing we can do about it.

Sven

I am sure that tuner meets the stated compatibility requirements:

And I followed the instructions from http://www.gbpvr.com/nwiki/pmwiki.php?n=Walkthrough.AddingAnAnalogDevice

<Device filter="Behold TV 407 FM: A/V Capture [Slot 3]">
   <Name>Behold TV 407 FM</Name>
   <Type>SOFT_ENCODE</Type>
</Device>

Do you have some drivers from your tv tuner installed?

I mean, i also had problems with my hauppage card. But i installed there software to watch with the tv card. So he probably installed some extra driver.

And it was possible for me to see analog tuner.

WWWestern

Further investigation catch following in NPVR.log:

2014-04-07 23:10:16.453 [DEBUG][1] About to check for analog tuners
2014-04-07 23:10:16.470 [DEBUG][1] FindFilterByName failed to locate filter: MainConcept (HCW) MPEG Multiplexer-Plus
2014-04-07 23:10:16.470 [DEBUG][1] MainConcept mux not present. Disabling analog support.

Found an old message for a similar case on the NPVR forum:

Basically, you need to have the "MainConcept (HCW) MPEG Multiplexer-Plus" directshow filter on your machine before it'll even look for analog tuners. For soft encoder devices it also needs "MainConcept (HCW) MPEG-2 Video Encoder" and "MainConcept (HCW) Layer II Audio Encoder" for encoding the video and audio. All these MainConcept components are installed by the Hauppauge WinTV7 software, so that is the easiest way to get them on your machine. Some others have got these components from elsewhere though.

But Hauppauge says:

Installation notes:
A valid WinTV application CD-ROM will be needed to install this WinTV v7 version. Any WinTV v6 or WinTV 7 application CD can be used during the install. If you do not have your original WinTV CD-ROM but would like to update to WinTV v7, you can purchase a new CD on the Hauppauge webstore for $9.95
If you have a WinTV v7.2 CD-ROM with Extend, then the latest version of WinTV Extend will also be installed.

Sven

Hauppauge refused to be installed at all. Expectedly. :(

Off course. It's not a hauppage card. :)

Something simular for your card?

Is this working with MHT or just via the web interface for the moment?

If only the web interface, what's the likely timeline for MHT integration?

:D

WWWestern

emveepee, thank You very much!

Eventually I got the working NPVR.

@@Sven, list of tuners still is empty:

5343c365971ce_tuner.png

Vidman

I have installed this plugin and can access and play my nextpvr recordings but I am getting a error when trying to refresh the guide..

The notification states " An item with the same key has already been added" any idea what the issue could be?

Sven

emveepee, thank You very much!

Eventually I got the working NPVR.

@@Sven, list of tuners still is empty:

5343c365971ce_tuner.png

That's not yet implemented. :)

The first prio was guide, stream, recording.

And the api call to nextpvr doesn't work well for that yet. :)

I have installed this plugin and can access and play my nextpvr recordings but I am getting a error when trying to refresh the guide..

The notification states " An item with the same key has already been added" any idea what the issue could be?

Weird, never seen that error before.

I' am adding some log information to the plugin.

But is it maybe possible to post the logs from MB3? To see if it is something in mb3 itself?

emveepee

NextPVR doesn't care if you have enabled channels with duplicate names or even no name, that would be the key I would check on in MB3

Martin

Vidman

That's not yet implemented. :)

The first prio was guide, stream, recording.

And the api call to nextpvr doesn't work well for that yet. :)

Weird, never seen that error before.

I' am adding some log information to the plugin.

But is it maybe possible to post the logs from MB3? To see if it is something in mb3 itself?

How can I post my log? Its seems I am not allowed to upload?