Next Pvr

Luke

emveepee

It might help if you also sent the web.log* files from NextPVR since the might tell more info on what is being returned.

Martin

Vidman

Nm that issue seems to have been sorted out. I don't know if what I did fixed it but I was playing around with nextpvr settings and merged all channels with the same name and restarted the machine. Now my only issue is watching live tv

muehlberger

Hi to all,

recording with NextPVR works like a charme, unfortunately LiveTV results in an error in the web.log:

2014-04-11 16:58:23.904 [ERROR][33] Unexpected error streaming channel: System.Net.Sockets.SocketException (0x80004005): Eine vorhandene Verbindung wurde vom Remotehost geschlossen
   bei System.Net.Sockets.Socket.Send(Byte[] buffer, Int32 offset, Int32 size, SocketFlags socketFlags)
   bei NShared.Streaming.StreamingHelper.StreamNative(Socket conn, Dictionary`2 parameters)

any help would be appreciated.

BTW - Streaming with NextPVR webinterface works on Firefox!

-- muehlberger

WWWestern

All the time and when viewing or recording .ts transcoded to .webm. How can I get rid of transcoding?

Hi Luke,

Any idea 'when' Live TV will be enabled/working in MBT? Even maybe a likely release for a Beta? I would happy to be a Alpha tester....just wondering if I should check back weekly, monthly etc.

As soon as MBT has Live TV support and the iPad version has been released (even iPad version without Live TV would be okay) then I would consider the full swap away from XBMC/Plex and all the crap that I do to make my system functional.

Thanks...

-SM

fantaxp7

Has anyone setup hdhomerun prime with this yet?

For un-encrypted channels of course. I have never used nextpvr and I am giving it a shot. Seems straightforward but I can't seem to get it going.

Thanks

Yes, it works with a HDHomeRun...basically anything that works with NextPVR will be fine...

What I would like to know is how we can actually enjoy Live TV on our "TV's" not via a web browser....maybe even a guesstimate on a Alpha Release of MBT that supports Live TV? 

Edited by Scot

Scot, I guess it depends on your setup. But I use web as a remote to watch live- TV in MBT

Sent fra min LG-D802 via Tapatalk

fantaxp7

I think I have it setup correctly now, I just get a black screen though when attempting to view channels in nextpvr. I think this is now a codec issue.

paulcdb

I think I have it setup correctly now, I just get a black screen though when attempting to view channels in nextpvr. I think this is now a codec issue.

I had this with HD channels but changing the H.264 video codec to "Microsoft DTV/DVD Video Decoder" fixed it in NextPVR. Not sure if it'll fix it in the web client as i'm still trying to get that side to work.

This is the one feature i've been waiting for though and with the speed updates come i'm sure it won't be long before it's running like a dream. :) 

KRA, I'd rather a simple solution that everything is in on the one interface (Live TV, Movies, TV Series, Photos etc.)...not everyone in the family has smart phones or tablets/iPad's etc....

The reason I would like to move away from Plex is having the above all in one interface with MBT....that's what I am hanging out for before making a change....

Scot, I was just pointing out that you can actually play live-tv in MBT, in case you didn't know. I guess the WAF is low, but imo the WAF is terrible in MBT anyway.

I've started out with mythtv, then mediaportal, then xbmc, and when it comes to eyecandy and features it's allways been a step up, but when it comes to usability and live-tv support it's been one step down each time. And IMHO MBT is even worse, I know it's alpha state, but I fear eyecandy and cool factor takes focus over usability in development.

That's why I'm trying to move along to thin/dump players that I can control remotely.

Spaceboy

We are all desperate for live tv in MBT ;o) I can't wait, using wmc at the moment which is the gold standard for live tv but there are issues

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

• 3 years later...