Codec Intros

Spyderturbo007

Spyderturbo007

I wanted to play around with codec intros and have a few questions.  I'm running Emby in a Docker on an unRAID server.  The instructions say to create a folder outside of your library and point Emby to that folder.  How do I go about doing that in a docker setting?  I can make another share on the server through the unRAID interface, but I'm not sure how that relates to storing the codecs?

Also, is there a list of the correct naming convention for the folders?  Does it matter how things are named inside the folder, or does the software just randomly choose a file inside the appropriate folder, assuming you can have multiple files inside the folder for the same codec?

Edited by Spyderturbo007

mastrmind11

I wanted to play around with codec intros and have a few questions.  I'm running Emby in a Docker on an unRAID server.  The instructions say to create a folder outside of your library and point Emby to that folder.  How do I go about doing that in a docker setting?  I can make another share on the server through the unRAID interface, but I'm not sure how that relates to storing the codecs?

Also, is there a list of the correct naming convention for the folders?  Does it matter how things are named inside the folder, or does the software just randomly choose a file inside the appropriate folder, assuming you can have multiple files inside the folder for the same codec?

Just create a folder, fill it with intros, and point Emby at it.

https://github.com/MediaBrowser/Wiki/wiki/Cinema-Mode

Spyderturbo007

I appreciate the response, but it's not very helpful.  I've read multiple threads where people were having issues because their naming convention was incorrect, so it can't be as easy as "throw some randomly named files in a randomly named folder and point to it". 

Spyderturbo007

Initially when I asked my questions I hadn't tried anything because I wasn't clear on the directions.  I've done the following since asking for clarification:

Created a shared folder named Codec Intros and added that to the path inside Emby //mnt/user/Codec Intros

Inside of the Codec Intros folder I've placed subfolders named ac3, dolby atmos, dts, dts-hd ma, dts-x, eac3, true hd based on what I've read in other threads.  That appears be the consensus, but I haven't found anything definitive.

Inside the sub folders, I have files I downloaded from www.demo-world.eu.  I left them named as they were when I downloaded them.

Unfortunately that doesn't appear to be working.

Edited by Spyderturbo007

Can you try instead to arrange your codec files based on what the wiki says? If you feel the wiki is unclear about something, please let me know and i will improve it. Thanks.

mastrmind11

Initially when I asked my questions I hadn't tried anything because I wasn't clear on the directions.  I've done the following since asking for clarification:

Created a shared folder named Codec Intros and added that to the path inside Emby //mnt/user/Codec Intros

Inside of the Codec Intros folder I've placed subfolders named ac3, dolby atmos, dts, dts-hd ma, dts-x, eac3, true hd based on what I've read in other threads.  That appears be the consensus, but I haven't found anything definitive.

Inside the sub folders, I have files I downloaded from www.demo-world.eu.  I left them named as they were when I downloaded them.

Unfortunately that doesn't appear to be working.

Also, assuming that path is actually what you put into Emby, it's an invalid linux path.