Emby plugin 3.5.2.0 library scan fails

tru4deez

tru4deez

Library scan fails & I get this error in logs: System.Exception: Cannot change named node.

Fresh install of Emby plugin 3.5.2.0 on Freenas 11.2-beta

Logs:

Log.txt

tru4deez

Cool, I'll give that a try. they only thing I did that wasnt a fresh install, was to apply the user save data from a previous backup. is this an issue?

tru4deez

Following the instruction in the link you provided is basically what I did. installed using the gui in freenas 11.2. am I missing something?

Hi, sorry, my mistake. I was confusing the freenas package with freebsd. there have been a couple reports of this particular scan failure but i haven't yet chased it down. 

Since you're on a fresh install, would you mind trying a new fresh install? Only this time please do not add the photo library or install the additional plugins. I am curious if this resolves it. Thanks.

tru4deez

Doing that now, I tried to be clever & just install another instance, so I wouldn't mess up my current install. Frenas screwed th pooch, as soon as you try to install a second instance of Emby (i asume this would be the case with any plugin), the GUI reports "a jail with that name already exists" & will not let you proceed or even edit the name, i.e. "emby_1". it wipes out the emby jail completely. Doh! I will report this in Freenas forum respectfully. I am doing another clean install now & will not apply any backups, no photo library or additional plugins.

tru4deez

I did a fresh install, mapped my storage mount points. added 3 librarys; Movies, Tv shows & Music (no photo library, no plugins). added my premiere key & the scan started. the only other action I took was to create a group via jail Shell: media (gid) 8675309, added emby to this group, & added user rbranch. for permission issues. all my media is owned by user rbranch & group media.

I'm noticing these errors in the logs so far:

2018-08-27 15:39:43.416 Error ProviderManager: Error in metadata saver
    *** Error Report ***
    Version: 3.5.2.0
    Command line: /usr/local/lib/emby-server/MediaBrowser.Server.Mono.exe -os freebsd -ffmpeg /usr/local/bin/ffmpeg -ffprobe /usr/local/bin/ffprobe -programdata /var/db/emby-server
    Operating system: Unix 11.2.0.0
    64-Bit OS: True
    64-Bit Process: True
    User Interactive: False
    Mono: 5.10.1.47 (5.10.1.47 Wed Aug 22 04:26:22 UTC 2018)
    Processor count: 24
    Program data path: /var/db/emby-server
    Application directory: /usr/local/lib/emby-server
    System.UnauthorizedAccessException: Access to the path "/media/movies/12 Years a Slave (2013)/12 Years a Slave.nfo" is denied.

I did an ls -l on the movies directory & all files are owned by rbranch:media usr:grp with drwx:rwx:r-x, So there should be no permission issues on these files, even in the jail. Current stuck @ 88.8% scanning. log attached, will post another log once scan fails/completes.

Log2.txt