Having fils that will play once, if i press stop and then play again it won't play

chali
Go to solution Solved by ebr,

Figured it better to ad this topic here

Having fils that will play once, if i press stop and then play again it won't play

add logs. sent logs from shield at:  18,22  (1 minute  before this post)

Log server.txt

Edited by chali

Okay, you are on the beta server and it appears we're getting some strange results from the attempt to get playback information for the item.  I haven't seen this with anything else though so will have to check with Luke.

08-26 18:22:22.164 26457 26457 I System.out: Error getting playback stream info
08-26 18:22:22.164 26457 26457 I System.out: java.lang.NumberFormatException: For input string: "−1"

Luke - the deserializer is bombing on the above.  Did something change in the format but only for certain media or something?

No, can you find out what property that's happening on?

property? do you mean what hardware for the server or the media players trying to play the media or something else? 

( using the mrmc app to the server does work and plays the file just fine) it does not work to set vlc as external players or any other 3 part player and trying to start the movie using the emby app) 

hardware players: is shield v2 using android tv8,  mi box 3  using android tv 8, phone app on samsung s9+,s8,s7 edge

server is running: Ubuntu 16.04-4 x64. server and fallback desktop.

property? do you mean what hardware for the server or the media players trying to play the media or something else? 

( using the mrmc app to the server does work and plays the file just fine) it does not work to set vlc as external players or any other 3 part player and trying to start the movie using the emby app) 

hardware players: is shield v2 using android tv8,  mi box 3  using android tv 8, phone app on samsung s9+,s8,s7 edge

server is running: Ubuntu 16.04-4 x64. server and fallback desktop.

He was asking me :).

Is your server setup for external access?  If so, could you set me up with credentials and instructions for a video that has this problem?

Thanks.

He was asking me :).

Is your server setup for external access?  If so, could you set me up with credentials and instructions for a video that has this problem?

Thanks

absolutely //pm is coming 

When did this start happening?

its been a long while, a couple of months at list. i have been using a 3 part player instead. but son we will have large competition (EM) and users will be using emby app, so it be nice to have it working again. the other problem with subs in webbrowser is new (since last update) it could be earlier. since the most movies i have either missing subs or have forced subs.

So you're saying it happens with the 3.5 server release?

Hi,Sorry I can not say which server version these two things happened on.

(before i never run tests when updating)

EDIT:i can say that i had more problems with video since the update to manually install server.

(had less problems with the auto update using linux update version, if that helps?) 

Edited by chali

I'm wondering if this could actually be something in the OS/distribution here that changed since the problem appears very limited (I don't see it nor do most other people).  Can you think of anything you changed or added or removed around the same time this problem started?

I'm wondering if this could actually be something in the OS/distribution here that changed since the problem appears very limited (I don't see it nor do most other people).  Can you think of anything you changed or added or removed around the same time this problem started?

No, the server is running a instance of unifi controller, other then that al is default ubuntu 16,04. 

regarding the problem with playing,stop and not be able to start the movie again. can that be something in the app since it works great in 3-party app? ( i tried the 3-party app in a remote place yesterday on mi box 3 and that worked to) 

(do you have a older version of the app i can try? say 6-7 month old?)

Edited by chali

So far we think we've traced the not able to play twice issue to something related to character sets on the server.  Did you do anything with your localization/language settings in the OS recently?

So far we think we've traced the not able to play twice issue to something related to character sets on the server.  Did you do anything with your localization/language settings in the OS recently?

no,  but i can try to change the language if that can help?

I do have teamviewer on the server, if i send you the info so can you test if you like?

Edited by chali

• Solution

Try changing to English and see if the problem still occurs.

Thanks.

• Like 1

Try changing to English and see if the problem still occurs.

Thanks.

Thank you! this removed bothe problems. bothe the "will not play on second attempt" and the problem with playing video in browser "with soft subs disabled" 

EDIT: i had to remove swedish completely from the system and allows the system to rename the folders after changing to english

//Awesome :-) 

Edited by chali

We'd still like to know why this happened because you should be able to use whatever language you wish.

Thanks.

What do you mean by remove Swedish from the system?

from the main system, not emby. this stepps was the once i tooke. hope it helps 

I first got into settings and languages ​​on ubuntu and clickout Swedish, then choose that it should apply to all menus and systems wide, then switch tab to region and make sure it was in English and that it would apply to the entire system . then a reboot, I got the question of folders and files should be rename to be adapted to English. then it workt. (I tried to just change to English but it did not work, then I tried to just click out Swedish, that did not help either, then I was tired of it and changed everything I could find. And then it worked.

//Regards

Edited by chali

Since you're running the beta server anyway, please try beta 3.6.0.33. Thanks.

and where can i find beta 3.6.0.33? 

im now on ubuntu 18.4 after updating from 16.04. (it still works ;-) 

What test do you like me to do? i'm guessing install swedish again, anything else?

//Regards

Yes the new beta will be up shortly. To test just create the same conditions as before. Thanks.

ok, it works but i found 2 smal bugs so far. 1 after setting Swedish system wide some movies are having some sub problems. (added imige of it, the subs are not solid as you can see) its not in every movie and its only like every 3-4 sub line. the movies are still playing without the need to transcode on mi box (very good) 2: using a samsung s9+ and latest android client. the first times you start the app and try to play a movie, the screen doesn't rotate making the app not start to play the file and the app to lockupp. after doing 2 restarts off the app it now rotate and plays the file fine. im going to test some more hardware in the morning

EDIT:  il tested on a samsung s7edge, s8  and a nvidia shield to.

its basically same thing as above, the subs did look a bit  worse then on the mi box, but that can have to do with the tv the shield is using is more sharp.

//Regards

post-71546-0-78881200-1535930084_thumb.jpg

post-71546-0-45525300-1535930136_thumb.jpg

Edited by chali

Well on a shield i have not seen this. they look very sharp to me. what version of android are the samsungs on?