Subtitles for LiveTV

Sammy

BTW, I think that this issue should be at the top of the list. It makes Emby DVR almost nearly complete..

This is what you call full circle.. Media Browser was created to supplement the lack of proper handling and cataloging movies in WMC. Now it is Emby that is lacking handling LiveTV but needing to go that extra bit to do it.

• Like 1

A lot of this is the player itself and not so much Emby.

CC (in the US) is embedded in the video itself so the best way to display that is to tell the Player to do so since all the information is already there.  Not all players support this right now but many are trying to add it.

A lot of this is the player itself and not so much Emby.

CC (in the US) is embedded in the video itself so the best way to display that is to tell the Player to do so since all the information is already there. Not all players support this right now but many are trying to add it.

Is there an external player that does in Android TV?

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk

My Grandmother was 100% deaf, losing her hearing due to a complication of pregnancy with my mother having Polio (basically a dead decease these days).  Our households were one of the first to have CC capability due to do her, so I played around with this a lot when first working with video DVR solutions.  Always been close to the heart so to speak.

For Android TV you can setup Emby to use VLC as a separate player and it supports both CC and subtitles. Easy to access the CC using the remote as well.

• Like 1

My Grandmother was 100% deaf, losing her hearing due to a complication of pregnancy with my mother having Polio (basically a dead decease these days). Our households were one of the first to have CC capability due to do her, so I played around with this a lot when first working with video DVR solutions. Always been close to the heart so to speak.

For Android TV you can setup Emby to use VLC as a separate player and it supports both CC and subtitles. Easy to access the CC using the remote as well.

If people keep refusing to get vaccinated then polio will return.

I will check out VLC Player on my Nvidia Shield TV but I believe with that I will lose the fancy overlay that Emby puts on the exo or MX Player it is using.

Yes the interface will be that of VLC vs Emby but only while watching live tv.  You might find the interface ok.  It's a trade off right now if you need CC.

Worth a try.

• Like 1

Yes the interface will be that of VLC vs Emby but only while watching live tv. You might find the interface ok. It's a trade off right now if you need CC.

Worth a try.

Definitely will try it!

What about MX?

@@Luke any chance of incorporating VLC with the Emby overlay?

EODCrafter

Any updates on ExoPlayer supporting closed captioning? This is a needed feature. I don't want to use an external player cause ExoPlayer has the Pop-Out guide built-in. Nvidia Shield client, Emby Server Version 3.6.0.50 beta.

Edited by EODCrafter

nswilliams

I just joined this and am dismayed there is no captions support in live streaming (HD Homerun). If this is supported, I ll stay in paid subscriptions. For now, I cancelled future subscriptions. I am deaf myself and can't use Live TV in this Emby system.

It appears that Emby is the only platform to support Roku, Apple TV using HD Homerun. Very disappointed captions isn't supported.

• Like 1

• 11 months later...
EODCrafter

We will be working on closed captions support for a future update. Thanks.

It's Been a Year, any News on this?

Whoops ok, missed that update. I see it now...Thanks!

Edited by EODCrafter

• 2 years later...