Exiting because another instance is already running.

jmariani

• 4 months later...

I was just getting the same thing.  The EmbyServer process crashed on me with:

Service exited due to signal: Segmentation fault: 11 sent by exc handler[0]

When trying to restart Emby I was getting the same message as the OP in my logs. It ended up being due to the Electron process that EmbyServer launches still running.  I quit it from Activity Monitor and then EmbyServer launched and is running correctly.

• 2 weeks later...
5stringdeath

It ended up being due to the Electron process that EmbyServer launches still running.  I quit it from Activity Monitor and then EmbyServer launched and is running correctly.

I don't have this process running, but I did have 3 instances (?) of Emby running after a graceful (I thought) shutdown from the web interface.  Embyserver will not restart.  I can't simply reboot this machine on demand as its doing other tasks.  What's the proper solution?

I can't even move emby to the trash as OSX tells me its running, but clearly activity monitor lists no active emby instance or "electron" which I've never seen.

Edited by 5stringdeath

There's an issue with the shutdown process on MacOS that we are currently looking into. If you run into this the easiest thing to do is reboot the machine. Thanks.