Emby BDMV Support

IceBoosteR
Go to solution Solved by Luke,

RanmaCanada

As long as the extras are properly cataloged on the TVDB, you can use tools like Name My TV Series, or Filebot to name your extras and have them in the same folder as your episodes and they will be seen by Emby as extras of that season, and you can play them perfectly fine.  I do this with a lot of my anime, and TV series.  Sometimes the odd extra shows up that is not mentioned anywhere, and you just have to give it a random number and name, and Emby will autopopulate it your extras section.  And even if the extras aren't in the programs, you can still do it manually, and then lock the content so it never changes.

Guest asrequested

Tried that, experimented with it, done that and you are correct it is not my preferred way to navigate and then display the collection. The web app or any of the other apps are not an informative enough front end for my home theater. Best solution for my taste is the Throgsoft themes for EMC the screen shots of the various other ways of displaying content are unimpressive to me. I have been with this community since the Media Browser days and because of my sizable collection for me it is all about navigation and ease of display of content details. WAF and WOW factor because of eye candy are also important to me. Of what use is it to invest $10k in a home theater when it does not feel like you invested that kind of dosh.

I honestly think that disc formats are crap, and nothing like going to the movie theater. It baffles me why anyone wants to sit through that. There's no navigation when you go to the theater. You just sit and watch intros and trailers, until the movie starts. Just like emby cinema mode, if you have it configure correctly.

They are great Frisbees and coasters, though.

One2Go

I honestly think that disc formats are crap, and nothing like going to the movie theater. It baffles me why anyone wants to sit through that. There's no navigation when you go to the theater. You just sit and watch intros and trailers, until the movie starts. Just like emby cinema mode, if you have it configure correctly.

They are great Frisbees and coasters, though.

Who said anything about movie theater or did you not see the part of HOME THEATER. There are no trailers nor other annoyances prior to the feature in my HT. As said before it is MY preferred way of navigating content where I deem it valuable to retain the discs because of what they contain. However they are in the minority as most movies are remuxes or reencodes and for only a handful of TV shows I keep the discs as mentioned before.

In my setup I have the additional option to play discs if I want to. Finally in any other setup you have to use MakeMKV or some other process, it is all a preference that is in the eye of the beholder.

In addition I use Media Center Master for meta data, because relying on TheTVDB exclusively is filled with problems. Just look at the most recent Amazon Jack Ryan show episode 3-8 has a 400 x 300 resolution for the episode thumbs really.

Guest asrequested

Uuuummm....the whole point of a home theater is to replicate the movie theater in your home. That's why it's called home theater.

I think what you want is home tv in a theater environment. That's an entirely different thing.

The menu system on disc media is very annoying. And having to navigate through emby then navigate through a disc menu is redundant.

One2Go

No I don't want to replicate the movie theater experience with all the junk that viewers are being inundated with before I can watch what I paid for. Nor do I want live TV since for every 60 minute episode 18 minutes of my life is spent watching advertisements. I have a 136" screen, ceiling mounted projector and use a 10ft Logitech remote while viewing distance is 12ft, That to me qualifies as a home theater. I have two servers with close to a total of 60TB of storage. To navigate that collection only Throg's themes will do a decent job. They are not available for ET. From the EHS select the library, then either Movie or TV show. After pressing the playback button on the details page, PDVD loads as an external player and since I replaced the annoying warnings with blank clips of a second it either goes straight into the main menu or the language selection, nothing annoying about that for me. It is a customization that you can do in the folder environment.

No using of keyboard, touch pad or air mouse and staring in a screen some inches away. Just a decent 10ft remote that gets me to my content the way I prefer plus it must have the WAF. You should search for the Throgsoft themes and you get the idea why I use this approach.

Edited by One2Go

Guest asrequested

Each to their own, but there are very few of you guys. The needs of the many... :) It's partly why I stick to HTPCs. There are specific ways I want some of my media to play, so I bend it to my will :)

• Like 1

Deathsquirrel

I used to insist I wanted my original disc menus.  Now you couldn't pay me to use them.  They're inconsistent, slow to load, and the various mandatory, unskippable crap is just awful.  It's like going back to live tv after having Tivo.  Blech.

• Like 2