What are Emby's Linux Server ports

rafailsar

rafailsar

Hi,

does anyone know what are all the ports needed to us Emby ?

I want to use Live Tv with a  m3u file list and i am not sure if i blocked any necessary ports.

It works fine with the IPTV plug in.

Best Regards

Rafael

BAlGaInTl

8096 and 8920.

Thank you very much. But what is up with port 1900 that emby opend ?

I would like to know this too...

I was just using the two standard ports before, and recently, my remote access stopped working for my Docker install.

I had to open UDP ports 1900 and 7359 in the Docker and on my router.

Is this unique to linux/Docker?

Sorry forgot those. 1900 is for dlna/upnp and 7359 is for local network discovery.

However, we don't do anything with the router for ports 1900 and 7359.

• Like 1

BAlGaInTl

Sorry forgot those. 1900 is for dlna/upnp and 7359 is for local network discovery.

However, we don't do anything with the router for ports 1900 and 7359.

I think mine must have been a Docker config issue.

I've closed the ports on my router, and it's still working.  

• 1 year later...
runtimesandbox

I realise this is an old thread I am piggy backing on

Are these all TCP ports?

Are either 7359 or 1900 required for chromecasts to work locally (do they only need to be accessible to chromecasts or all devices?) Having issues with firewalling my emby server

Edited by runtimesandbox

7359 is a udp port for local server discovery by emby apps. 1900 is for dlna. Neither will affect Chromecast. All others are tcp.

runtimesandbox

Thanks Luke

is there any detailed documentation on how the chromecast hand-off works from the emby mobile apps?

If i restrict the local emby ip address to just allow access from the ip of the chromecast nothing will load / play on the chromecast, however if i allow all ip addresses access (including the mobile device used) it works.

All other access goes through an nginx reverse proxy however from other threads I've gathered that the chromecast still gets sent the local server IP

In most cases it will use the same server address that the mobile app is using.

runtimesandbox

I'm not currently seeing this behaviour

All my clients are set to use the FQDN which is configured both with both internal and external DNS. This works fine for most devices that are internal (ie Samsung TV's, nvidia shield) but not the chromecast. 

By process of elimination I have figured out that it is the firewall rules that were blocking direct access.

The mobile app uses the FQDN but if direct access from the mobile device to the server is not permitted using the internal ip : emby port (192.168.1.2:8096) but the chromecast does have direct access, nothing will play on the chromecast.

That's right, yes. It will try to use the local LAN address when possible. If that can't be reached, then it will revert to the remote address.

runtimesandbox

Its the reverting to the remote address that doesn't seem to be happening. If the firewall is completely closed I don't get any connection at all (where as it should revert to the external address and use the reverse proxy right?)

It's the two addresses displayed on your server dashboard. Are those correct?