Mini Player for Windows Emby Theater App

larsonDigital

larsonDigital

Could we please have a mini player option for the Windows Theater Emby Theater app so that the app can have a much smaller mode (footprint), but still show the most important items, much like the iTunes MiniPlayer:

Normal ...

Track Title, Album Title, Album Artist, Play Progress Bar, Track Time, Track Time Left, Album Cover thumbnail, etc.

When moused over ...

Play/Pause, Next Track, Previous Track, Volume Control, Play List/History, Play Progress Bar interactive, etc.

Thank you!

James

• Like 3

Hi, it's already there. Have you explored the different layout modes? TV display mode doesn't have this because it's not something you'd expect to have in a TV app, but if you switch to desktop layout mode, then you'll have a mini bar at the bottom.

larsonDigital

Hi Luke,

I'm not sure I'm following you.  I switched to Desktop Layout mode, but I'm not sure what you mean by a mini bar at the bottom.  Actually, I'm asking for a mini player.  I can reduce the size of the Emby Theater app by quite a bit, but it's still a good size Window at minimum.  Have you seen the iTunes MiniPlayer?  You can toggle the program window to a MiniPlayer and back at any time.  The reason I ask is because I listen to music most of the day while working, I have a lot of windows open at any given time, and it's nice to have a really small player where can you can quickly glance and see what's playing, etc.

Also, in the main window, if I'm playing a shuffle of my entire Music Library, the app takes Windows focus away from the window you are working in and puts it back on Emby Theater every time a new song starts.  The app basically isn't usable for me this way.  Am I making sense?

Thanks,

James

Ok so you're asking for a whole new window style. Yes that's a good idea for the future. Thanks.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...