Merge same TV show spanning different folders?

dafunke

armartins

Also need this. I don't use drive pooling on my synology diskstation, and just found out emby creates a new folder for the same show on different HDDs...

• 2 months later...
ktide1

Would also like to see this feature, just ran into a need for it today and I already pool storage drives.  Here's why I needed it:

I use MCEBuddy to monitor several network PCs in the house and strip commercials, move all content to a shared folder, etc.  For sports, I like to move the file with no changes to one "Sports" folder.  Then I monitor this folder in MCEBuddy, using a conversion task to scan the file a 2nd time to detect (but not delete) the ads.  This way I can go back, tweak the ads detected (Comskip isn't perfect) BEFORE I make an archived copy while still able to use the first "raw" copy.  I would like to then dump the archival copy into another "Sports" folder such that Emby would group episodes/games from BOTH "Sports" folders together regardless of file status (raw, archival, whatever) without duplicating in the library on Kodi.  Sounds complex, I know, but has to do with how MCEBuddy wants to copy the EDL file over with the video, so this works for me.  All I'm missing is the "pooling" feature in the library!

Edited by ktide1

Would also like to see this feature, just ran into a need for it today and I already pool storage drives.  Here's why I needed it:

I use MCEBuddy to monitor several network PCs in the house and strip commercials, move all content to a shared folder, etc.  For sports, I like to move the file with no changes to one "Sports" folder.  Then I monitor this folder in MCEBuddy, using a conversion task to scan the file a 2nd time to detect (but not delete) the ads.  This way I can go back, tweak the ads detected (Comskip isn't perfect) BEFORE I make an archived copy while still able to use the first "raw" copy.  I would like to then dump the archival copy into another "Sports" folder such that Emby would group episodes/games from BOTH "Sports" folders together regardless of file status (raw, archival, whatever) without duplicating in the library on Kodi.  Sounds complex, I know, but has to do with how MCEBuddy wants to copy the EDL file over with the video, so this works for me.  All I'm missing is the "pooling" feature in the library!

I'm not sure these items would be pooled in your case even if we did implement this as I assume we would be scoping it to TV series as opposed to just like-folder named pooling.  Doing the latter would probably cause a lot of side effects that could be very troublesome to deal with.

Now, if you turn your "Sports" into a TV series then maybe it could work.

dcook

I think its better to have drive pooling handled at the NAS or OS level.  

For example in Windows 10 you can use Storage Spaces

mediacowboy

Windows 7 I use drive bender. It makes it simple to have 2800 movies and 600 TV shows.

• Like 1

• 3 months later...

I would like to know the status of this problem? The infamous multi-pathing. Im also in this situation, and its simply impossible to pool anything else together. As im using a synology 1813+ with volumes comprised of raid0 made upon 2 HDD's at a time.

Kodi team solved this 2 years ago +-, how come emby replicates de problem all over again?

Furthermore, my situation is curious, via the emby webbrowser, all is ok, for example, I have Arrow tv show on 2 HDDs, and via the webbrowser it only shows 1 record. Problem is when i go to my kodi machines, 2 or more entries, depending on how many hdd's i have the tv show stored in.

This would be really useful if adressed, as is keeping me and many others from switching to emby...unfortunately

We already support this.

Thanks for the fast answer, in the meantime I found the appropriate section to post (please can you make a quick consult?):

http://emby.media/community/index.php?/topic/39085-multipathing-tv-shows-on-several-hdds/

What do you mean "you already support this" ?

As far as I've seen and been informed of by Angelblue05, it's currently on "highest priority" in Trello...

http://emby.media/community/index.php?/topic/38622-feature-request-series-pooling-support/

Conclusion:

On this side, KODI is duplicating, triplicating, etc, TV Shows that are spanned across several disks. Nothing "supported" whatsoever.

Server side is all good, tough.

If/when, this is fixed, i will move to Emby and donate for lifetime. This issue really keeps me from UPGRADING my database management, which is shame :(

Edited by djhifi

• 2 weeks later...

I too would like to see this fixed in the Kodi plug-in. I just installed Emby on a network of 4 servers with 64TB of space on 32 drives. I am using a combination of RAID and NFS to combine the drives, but I still have 4 separate paths to contend with (one for each NFS share path).

There should be a way for the plugin to present the data to Kodi so it just does its combining natively. I am looking forward to the update.

Angelblue05

It's already supported in the beta version of the Kodi add-on. At some point it will be automatically applied during the initial syncing process.

If your content is already synced incorrectly, you'll need to do a reset of your local database, let your content resync complete, and run a manual sync to apply series pooling (only required the first time after the initial sync). Then you should be set moving forward.

Edited by Angelblue05