View local trailers

tuvx

Are local trailers not supported on the Fire TV?

In other words, I have local trailers for all my movies. I thought they would be available on the movie details screen, but I see no option. In the web interface clicking the Trailer button launches a youtube trailer, so confused if I set something up wrong, or if local trailers are pointless with Emby. 

Edited by tuvx

Hi.  Yes, the app supports local trailers.  However, a YouTube trailer isn't local...

A local trailer is one stored in your library with the movie.

Please let us know if this answers your question.

Thanks.

No, as stated I have only local trailers. How do you play them on the Fire TV (or even the web interface) as there is no option that I am able to find?

wonderfulman1

But it is possible that one should download the inultile trailer in local when they could integrate them in the app as it happens for the browser?!?!?!?

But it is possible that one should download the inultile trailer in local when they could integrate them in the app as it happens for the browser?!?!?!?

Hi there, can you explain your question a little bit more? I'm not quite sure what you're asking. Thanks !

wonderfulman1

Hi there, can you explain your question a little bit more? I'm not quite sure what you're asking. Thanks !

I'm asking if you could integrate (on Amazon Fire TV stick basic) the opening of an external browser (example silk or firefox) to pass a youtube address to be able to view the trailer online directly.
It seems like a simple thing if I think you managed to create a fantastic system and you can not do this and use a mutilated product.
Edited by wonderfulman1

I'm asking if you could integrate (on Amazon Fire TV stick basic) the opening of an external browser (example silk or firefox) to pass a youtube address to be able to view the trailer online directly.
It seems like a simple thing if I think you managed to create a fantastic system and you can not do this and use a mutilated product.

Hi.  We're already discussing this in the other thread.  Thanks.

Are you able to provide insight to the op question? How do I get my local trailers to play?

Hi.  Since they don't show up in the web app either, this is most likely due to naming or file organization not matching our requirements.

Trailers

If you feel you have followed those conventions, then we'll need to look at the details of a specific example.

Thanks.

What details would you like?

The Trailers button is In the web app, only it always opens YouTube trailers instead of my local. I do not have the Trailers plugin installed, as I thought that would avoid the youtube call.

The Trailers button is In the web app, only it always opens YouTube trailers instead of my local.

That is an indication that the system is not seeing your local trailers at all. 

What details would you like?

The specific naming and layout of your media files.  Screen shots of explorer windows showing the contents of the folders usually is best.

Thanks.

wonderfulman1

5b71a1582cb5b_Examplefilewithtrailer.jpg

... how much disk space occupied uselessly !!! They could make a change to the APP (paid APP) and avoid unnecessary waste of time.

... how much disk space occupied uselessly !!! They could make a change to the APP (paid APP) and avoid unnecessary waste of time.

LOL.. then sir, make your own topic if you want it to play internet trailers from youtube within the player or spawned within a browser.

The topic of this post is about local trailers and within the androidTV/fireTV applications, nothing more/nothing less. To be so concerned that you can only interrupt others threads and not create your own for the issue shows crass, instead make the topic "Youtube trailers used in apps" or something brah. 

Disk space usage aside, in my collection it shows I have 9,986 local trailers. Media Companian r0x. Wasted space? Drives are cheap, trailers on the internet come and go, the links to these are NOT up forever. Local trailers last forever.

Edited by speechles

trailers on the internet come and go, the links to these are NOT up forever. Local trailers last forever.

I agree, and is why I have my own trailers (although I am not anywhere near 10k :) ).

I just want to figure what in my setup is wrong, so I may use them.

wonderfulman1

LOL.. then sir, make your own topic if you want it to play internet trailers from youtube within the player or spawned within a browser.

The topic of this post is about local trailers and within the androidTV/fireTV applications, nothing more/nothing less. To be so concerned that you can only interrupt others threads and not create your own for the issue shows crass, instead make the topic "Youtube trailers used in apps" or something brah. 

Disk space usage aside, in my collection it shows I have 9,986 local trailers. Media Companian r0x. Wasted space? Drives are cheap, trailers on the internet come and go, the links to these are NOT up forever. Local trailers last forever.

of course you're right! ... in fact, youtube fails tomorrow! 

forget it ... that's better!

of course you're right! ... in fact, youtube fails tomorrow! 

forget it ... that's better!

The internet isn't available 100% of the time locally. Nor is the bandwidth required always present to provide a non buffering experience for users when used over the itnernets. The internet might give you a 480p trailer, and by golly you want the 1080p. A local trailer is always available (without buffering, without issue) even if the internet hiccups, even if internet bandwidth is all used up on other things, even if... (add more as you see fit)

Part of being able to curate your media is being able to have local trailers.

You are a super genius with magical post breaking abilities.. perhaps this thread needs a "keep trolls away" barrier spell created? In moderation a better society can evolve.

Edited by speechles

5b71a1582cb5b_Examplefilewithtrailer.jpg

You're saying that when you press the trailer button in the web app, you get a youtube trailer?

Yes, here is an example:

In the folder, the trailer is named as the Movie with the suffix "-trailer":

5b71d78bf1466_Examplefilewithtrailer2.jp

When played (outside of Emby) this is a screenshot from 00:00:07

5b71d7962b3e7_LocalTrailer.jpg

When the Trailer button is pressed in the web interface this is the loading screen (I assume indicating it is coming from YouTube:

5b71d7a3186f3_YouTubeTrailerLoading.jpg

Here is the web interface trailer at 00:00:07

5b71d7bca0118_YouTubeTrailer.jpg

So all your movies are in one folder as opposed to separated to one folder per movie.

Anyone else having a problem with local trailers being identified in this scenario?

wonderfulman1

The internet isn't available 100% of the time locally. Nor is the bandwidth required always present to provide a non buffering experience for users when used over the itnernets. The internet might give you a 480p trailer, and by golly you want the 1080p. A local trailer is always available (without buffering, without issue) even if the internet hiccups, even if internet bandwidth is all used up on other things, even if... (add more as you see fit)

Part of being able to curate your media is being able to have local trailers.

You are a super genius with magical post breaking abilities.. perhaps this thread needs a "keep trolls away" barrier spell created? In moderation a better society can evolve.

.. and I should also reply to your provocations? ...
Maybe you did not understand that the troll is you!
I'm simply trying to help the community.
Return from where you came out .... No comment !!!

.. and I should also reply to your provocations? ...
Maybe you did not understand that the troll is you!
I'm simply trying to help the community.
Return from where you came out .... No comment !!!

Yeah.. im the troll... derp... herp... de derp...

You are posting in a thread about local trailers working on the fireTV and asking for them to play from youtube. In which way does this thread ask for them to play them from youtube? ebr kindly asked you to take it elsewhere earlier. Look at post #10

He(ebr) said thanks. I bet now he doesn't say thanks and just rudely says go somewhere else to you. I did nothing wrong, I am on the side of the OP. Local trailers are important. They belong in the fireTV app working. Now we can move along and be friends. Yay.. I will bake a cake. Maybe we can invite Mario and Princess Peach. Maybe play some Smash Brothers? 

Edited by speechles