Actor pictures not downloading

Guest asrequested

Guest asrequested

The admin directory has all the people directories, but for whatever reason, all the new stuff is going under my emby user name.

Guest asrequested

Ok, so there we go. If I download a new image, then move the folder to the admin directory, the image is still seen. But any new image download goes to the emby user name. So the server is getting confused.

CBers

I don't have any issues running Emby under Server 2016.

I only have the one account, Administrator.

@@PenkethBoy, any issues with your Server 2012?

stony79

@@CBers, I'm also running emby unter Server 2016, stable and beta version, both are working fine. But also just administrator account

Maybe there is an issue because Doofus is connected with user who is not running the embyserver.exe 

@, did you installed emby with your user logged in and used administrator user for install oder were you logged in with the administrator account?

Guest asrequested

@@CBers, I'm also running emby unter Server 2016, stable and beta version, both are working fine. But also just administrator account

Maybe there is an issue because Doofus is connected with user who is not running the embyserver.exe 

@, did you installed emby with your user logged in and used administrator user for install oder were you logged in with the administrator account?

The server machine has only one user account, Administrator.

Edited by Doofus

Guest asrequested

But you said the files are in a different user folder. so I thought you have more than one user

Nope, that's what's happening. Emby is creating that directory to save the pictures to. If I delete that entire directory, then go get another picture, the directory gets recreated. That's why I said the emby server is confused. It reads from administrator and saves to the emby user profile, then reads from both.

Nope, that's what's happening. Emby is creating that directory to save the pictures to. If I delete that entire directory, then go get another picture, the directory gets recreated. That's why I said the emby server is confused. It reads from administrator and saves to the emby user profile, then reads from both.

Probably because you installed under admin but are running under a different user. If you reinstall you'll just be creating the same situation again, unless you install under the regular user.

Guest asrequested

Probably because you installed under admin but are running under a different user. If you reinstall you'll just be creating the same situation again, unless you install under the regular user.

So what's the solution? Just manually move the data to the emby user directory? Updating skia has no affect, so something is very wrong!

Guest asrequested

And that still doesn't fix why newly added titles have the same problem. The solution in that other thread doesn't work in my case.

Guest asrequested

When you say running under a different user, do you mean emby user or OS user? Because there is only one user on the OS.

Happy2Play

@

Did you Restore on a new server?  Sounds like there is a config, that was restored from a previous server.  Have you looked at your "system.xml"?

Guest asrequested

@

Did you Restore on a new server?  Sounds like there is a config, that was restored from a previous server.  Have you looked at your "system.xml"?

Yeah, I backed up, installed new OS and restored. And this was something I was thinking of. I don't see anything out of place, in the .xml.

Happy2Play

Yeah, I backed up, installed new OS and restored. And this was something I was thinking of. I don't see anything out of place, in the .xml.

Is there a <MetadataPath> in the system.xml?  I assume one of your previous installs was under the user that is being recreated?  Last resort would be a new install and only restoring users and userdata.

Guest asrequested

Is there a <MetadataPath> in the system.xml?  I assume one of your previous installs was under the user that is being recreated?  Last resort would be a new install and only restoring users and userdata.

I'm reinstalling now, and using a backup I made before I uninstalled. We'll see what happens...

Guest asrequested

That appears to have fixed it. A quick check of some titles, and all the pictures are there. I'll keep an eye on it...

Guest asrequested

Ok, so after the reinstall, the actor images all came in and no more creation of another directory, but many of the covers weren't showing in the 'all' section. They were there on details page, though. So I replaced the LibSkiaSharp.dll and followed Luke's instructions. The covers are now showing, but don't any cover art. I probably need to refresh.

UPDATE:

CoverArt disappeared

https://emby.media/community/index.php?/topic/61595-coverart-4079-no-longer-working-as-before/?p=608118

Edited by Doofus