Actor pictures not downloading

Guest asrequested

Guest asrequested

well i don't see the server's system folder either so perhaps they are just hidden.

Exactly! But I've set it to not hide anything. Maybe I need to reboot it? I'll give that a try, later.

Guest asrequested

I can't get it to show the system folder. So I can't put the dll in. Everything looks correct to show that folder, but it isn't showing. I'm stumped! Anyone got any suggestions?

Waldonnis

Easiest thing is just to search the filesystem for libSkiaSharp.dll, although it's probably faster to check what the executable path is for the server process via task manager (just find the process in the list, right-click it, and pick Properties).  It's possible to do folder redirection for appdata via group policy, so maybe there's some local or group policy that redirected the install somewhere else.  I have no idea what they changed in more recent Server versions in that regard or if they established some default other than what you'd see in the non-server OS variants.

Guest asrequested

If I run dir from the command line, it tells me there are three directories. So they would seem to be present, I just can't get them to show in file explorer.

No, there's only one. Perhaps you ran the installer more than once under different credentials.

Guest asrequested

No, there's only one. Perhaps you ran the installer more than once under different credentials.

I didn't. Not sure what happened there, but I deleted the one under my user name.

Replacing the dll, hasn't made any changes that I can see. Replacing all metadata and scanning etc, the images are still not appearing.

stony79

Ah jeez, I was looking under my user name. It's under administrator. So there are two directories?

Do I understand that correctly, you installed emby with the administrator? and then you log in with your user and your user starts emby? At least it would explain why a part can be found under administrator and a part under your user. Then the images that are not displayed will probably be saved in your profile.

Guest asrequested

Do I understand that correctly, you installed emby with the administrator? and then you log in with your user and your user starts emby? At least it would explain why a part can be found under administrator and a part under your user. Then the images that are not displayed will probably be saved in your profile.

It's installed under administrator. I think the other folder may have came from the backup plugin, during restoration. As for logging in, as administrator. No matter what browser or machine I try this from, those images don't show. I have to use the process in the GIF.

stony79
Can you search in your user profile in the people folder for an actor whose picture is not displayed? maybe you can copy it into the administrator profile and see if it works.

you can also try if you select a new image from an actor and download it to see if it is displayed correctly.

Guest asrequested

Can you search in your user profile in the people folder for an actor whose picture is not displayed? maybe you can copy it into the administrator profile and see if it works.

you can also try if you select a new image from an actor and download it to see if it is displayed correctly.

I've deleted that directory, and there are thousands of images, missing. This needs to be done on mass. I can't go one by one. And as I've mentioned, it isn't limited to prior added titles, it happens with newly added titles and trailer covers, too.

stony79
I'm aware of that. I just wanted to rule out what couldn't be causing it. When you select and download a new picture for an actor, is it displayed or not? If it is not displayed, is there the same people directory in your profile and is the image stored in it?

Can you check in the task manager in the tab details which user is on embyserver.exe?

Guest asrequested

I'm aware of that. I just wanted to rule out what couldn't be causing it. When you select and download a new picture for an actor, is it displayed or not? If it is not displayed, is there the same people directory in your profile and is the image stored in it?

Can you check in the task manager in the tab details which user is on embyserver.exe?

Hey, you're right. When I download a new image, it's creating a directory in my user name. How do I correct that?

And it's running under admin

Edited by Doofus

stony79

Okay, we're getting close to it.

can you check in task manager which user runs embyserver.exe?

and in emby dashboard you can see the path for metadata, is the path to your user profile or to administrator?

Guest asrequested

and in emby dashboard you can see the path for metadata, is the path to your user profile or to administrator?

admin

stony79

@

can you try to reboot your server and login with administrator and then change an image of an actor?

@@Luke

Do you have any idea why the images of actors are stored in another user's directory? do you ask the registered user instead of the user under which the server is running?

Guest asrequested

@

can you try to reboot your server and login with administrator and then change an image of an actor?

@@Luke

Do you have any idea why the images of actors are stored in another user's directory? do you ask the registered user instead of the user under which the server is running?

I've already tried that. No change. I'm going to try changing the path and then change it back. Maybe that'll correct it.