Yet another server test to defeat.... :-)

pir8radio

pir8radio

Yes we can remove that script tag.

Cool,  thanks for even considering it!   I suspect emby will head down the Content Security Policy road one day anyway, this will help when you do..  Inline scripts are the easiest way to get into a website, the CSP will block all inline scripts to secure the page, and that's all we are trying to do here.. 

pir8radio

I've added a CSP to the test version here:

https://emby.media/community/index.php?/topic/61079-3603-db-changes/

Thanks.

wow, that's risky buddy..    :)   Great now I'm going to have to download the new beta... lol  I was holding off a bit, because I didn't want to be stuck in a particular database scheme if you were changing it again.   I'm scared......... But I guess I'll make the move.   What is still not working in that beta?

Edited by pir8radio
  • Like 1

pir8radio

Just try it standalone and there's nothing to worry about.

Can i run the stand alone side by side without them screwing with each others DB?   I would like to run it looking at the same media so i can compare db speeds...  

chef

When I added CSP to my domain it really did a number on emby loading. But I look forward to it being implement Ed by professionals.

I'm probably going to just remove it because it will just be unnecessary troubleshooting coming our way.

pir8radio

I'm probably going to just remove it because it will just be unnecessary troubleshooting coming our way.

Yea, I would wait to go full on CSP built into emby.    But you can still get rid of that one inline script lol      Let us fine tune the CSP in our proxy then move toward implementing it later.

Edited by pir8radio

pir8radio

Another thing you need to add to your CSP's is mb3admin  

I'm starting to get complaints from end users that their client is asking them to register emby.   This is because the clients cant "phone home" to emby to confirm the servers device count and what not.      Ill add this to mine and test..  I'll add a CSP forum post to cover everything.   We can test and hopefully one day hand off to luke a working and painless CSP. 

pir8radio

Also some clients get on the regular 'a stream unavailable' message

i have not seen this.  what clients?  

makarai

i have not seen this.  what clients?  

2 different clients on latest chrome.

I personally never run into any real emby problems, and i typically check on all the clients i have available (nvidia shield with emby app, kodi, chrome mobilephone, chrome pc).  Since i am fairly new to all of this i adopted the following methodology when i change something on my reverse proxy, by now i have a fairly complex HAproxy on Pfsense config, not sure if someone would benefit from it.

mb.doman.org            ->      haproxy (passes both domain to the backend, each domain can pass different configurations)    ->      same backend
mbtest.domain.org  

• 4 weeks later...
pir8radio

@@pir8radio

May i ask what your setup is?

do you run a firewall and if so which ?

For me its

wan -> pfsense + haproxy package -> emby server

WAN--Cloudflare------Firewall--nginx--emby        The firewall defaults to block all except TCP 80 & 443  

Edited by pir8radio

• 4 weeks later...
makarai

WAN--Cloudflare------Firewall--nginx--emby        The firewall defaults to block all except TCP 80 & 443  

Hey, may i ask what cloudflare settings you use, i.e. flexible full or full strict, or do you just use it as a dns ?

pir8radio

Hey, may i ask what cloudflare settings you use, i.e. flexible full or full strict, or do you just use it as a dns ?

you mean under crypto?  Full.  Had to go with full because of how I hide my origin server..   :)

• 1 year later...