Problem Recording duplicates

roberthleeii

Hi there, have you explored the series recording settings? Can you please discuss some example? Why do you feel that they're duplicates?

roberthleeii

I copied almost all a series files from my previous emby set up and had it find all the metadata (i did this for several series). I then set it up to record the series and i noticed that is scheduled to record all the upcoming episodes again. I tried to delete the recording and the recording files in different orders and set them up again to make sure they were recognized as the same recording but it started recording and adding duplicate files in the folder that had a "-1" at the end. I then tried to check and uncheck that option in the settings. None of that worked. it appears that it is only this series. 

First let's just start with more discussion from you, if you could. What series? What recorded previously, and when? What exactly is the duplicate and what was already in your library prior to the recording? Thanks.

roberthleeii

The series is Last Man Standing and I recorded almost all of the episodes last month as they came on tv. 

A couple of days ago I reset my computer that I ran Emby on and started with a clean install of win10 and Emby. After I set up my libraries I copied they folders that the previous version made with the video files in them. I did go in and clean out all of the metadata files and pictures and let the new install identify and create its own metadata. I started out with the recordings in my series recordings folder and after some messing around they are now in my normal TV series folder (not recordings). I did this for all of my series and everything appeared fine. but when I was looking at my scheduled recordings I noticed that several episodes of LMS was recording and one was recording at that moment. it was creating a repeat file in the recordings exactly like the first (right below it in the folder) but it had a "-1" at the end. Both were also showing up in the Emby as well.  

roberthleeii

No. Once it records it new it does not schedule to record it again.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

This is playback of a recorded video. If a duplicate recording happens again can you please attach the emby server log from that time frame? Thanks.

roberthleeii

This is playback of a recorded video. If a duplicate recording happens again can you please attach the emby server log from that time frame? Thanks.

Oh. ok the next one is going to record tomorrow. I will post up that log tomorrow.

roberthleeii

here is the same log file with some more recordings.

It was weird when it showed the recordings in the dashboard it was showing it already watched and then I checked that all the new recordings are marked watched according to the ones I have been watching from the old recordings.  

(I have the old recordings separate in my TV series folder and all the new recordings in a separate folder located in the series recordings folder.)

Upon attaching the files below I feel i may not have finished attaching the previous log file.... :mellow:

Log.txt

post-2454-0-17341300-1533852365_thumb.png

• 3 weeks later...

Is this still happening? I don't see any evidence in the log that two recordings happened for that program, so it might just be a display problem in the dashboard when showing active recordings.

roberthleeii

i stoped recording it until it comes back on for new episodes. But it was still recording each episode a second time.

roberthleeii

How are you determining this?

Determine that it was recording duplicates?

It was recording an episode even of it was already in the library. The don't record duplicates was checked. It would only record a second copy. It would not record a 3rd or 4th copy.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

Why do you feel it was a duplicate exactly? In other words, how do you know they're the same episode? It can only determine that it was a duplicate if there was enough metadata to make that decision, so most likely, there was not.

roberthleeii

Why do you feel it was a duplicate exactly? In other words, how do you know they're the same episode? It can only determine that it was a duplicate if there was enough metadata to make that decision, so most likely, there was not.

Metadata appeared to be the same. It had the same episode, season and images when viewing. When I looked in the file folder the media files were named exactly the same except the newest file had a -1 at the end of the file name. Also at first I thought they were incomplete files but all the recording were full episodes.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk