Live m3u TV not working

afmiller

afmiller

Hello, 

I just installed Emby and I am trying to get the live TV to work. I know it works with Plex and VLC Player. But for some reason Emby wont play the m3u. I have read and tried to modify one of the m3us to only have 1 channel. But Emby won't even play the single feed. What logs can I get you to help troubleshoot the issue? It does seem to be Emby specific. I really would love to have Emby as my live IPTV.

Thanks!

Below is the m3u I am using

#EXTINF:-1,History USA

Attached are the server log file after I restarted Emby and tried to play the IPTV stream several times. Also I inlcuded the latest ffmpeg log file too

FF Log.txt

server.rtf

Edited by afmiller

maegibbons

@@Luke this is another 401 authentication problem.

This is also Linux and "could be" asimilar issue to @@bidikman was experiencing.

Krs

Mark

maegibbons

@@afmiller

Is there a possibility "as a test" to setup emby server on windows and try the m3u under that?

Another user had a similar problem and found that it worked under windows.

It would be nice to get confirmation from you as to whether it works under windows.

If so we know that it is a linux only issue.

Krs

Mark

afmiller

@@afmiller

Is there a possibility "as a test" to setup emby server on windows and try the m3u under that?

Another user had a similar problem and found that it worked under windows.

It would be nice to get confirmation from you as to whether it works under windows.

If so we know that it is a linux only issue.

Krs

Mark

@maegibbons

Yea I will set it up and test it on Windows and let you know

afmiller

@maegibbons 

Its the same issue, I get the spinning wheel and it doesn't load. Ive Attached the windows server log. I've used the single modified m3u which is just the history channel

Windows.rtf

bidikman

Hello what shocks me he says "unknown profile" so can be a track like what do not know exactly the video profile, I have the same problem and I think Emby does not have the profile to really decode the iptvs at least certain iptv because indeed before taking an iptv subscription I had to try a demo 48 hours at another provider and it worked well but I had to take elsewhere because it was cheaper for subscriptions. However for the iptv plugin it seems to work with your link recover in your log watch this video that I made:(test performed on Emby's plug in Iptv on remote debian vps server)

https://youtu.be/WNNPX9Koabc

Another thing your log contains your login password to the IPTV and an admin can pass to remove your log thank you.

This is not the same issue as that other topic. In this case, we tried to open a connection with your iptv provider, and it returned a 401 unauthorized response code.  see in the log:

2018-08-01 16:41:30.358 Info HttpClient: Http response 401 from (redacted) ...

I believe the only failure on Emby's part is that it did not do a great job of informing you about it, rather it just stood there with a spinning circle and that's obviously not good.

I can even take your iptv url, stick it into a browser address bar, and then i get the same 401 response code back. I think you will want to discuss with your iptv provider about why this is happening.

I do notice that the url works in Vlc, so my guess is you want to adjust the http request header configuration that we offer.

bidikman

Apparently with my link the iptv-plug in seems to run on debian but the live tv glows does not work, I performed tests with the format mpegts, rtmp on the plug in iptv it does not work, the only forma that works and the "HFS" :lol:

bidikman

I do notice that the url works in Vlc, so my guess is you want to adjust the http request header configuration that we offer.

no ,Apparemment avec mes lien le iptv- plug in a l'air de fonctionner sur debian mais le live tv luit ne fonctionne pas, J’ai effectué les teste avec le format mpegts,rtmp sur le plug in iptv il ne fonctionne pas, le seul forma qui fonctionne et le "HFS"

bidikman

Ce n'est pas le même problème que cet autre sujet. Dans ce cas, nous avons essayé d'ouvrir une connexion avec votre fournisseur IPTV, et il a renvoyé un code de réponse 401 non autorisé. voir dans le journal:

2018-08-01 16: 41: 30.358 Info HttpClient: Réponse Http 401 de (expurgé) ...

Je crois que le seul échec de la part d'Emby est qu'il n'a pas fait un excellent travail pour vous en informer, mais plutôt qu'il s'est contenté d'un cercle tournant et que ce n'est évidemment pas bon.

Je peux même prendre votre URL IPTV, le coller dans une barre d'adresse du navigateur, puis je reçois le même code de réponse 401. Je pense que vous voudrez discuter avec votre fournisseur d'IPTV de la raison pour laquelle cela se produit.

Yes on ubuntu the circle is running constantly and not on Debian it works only on the plug-in IPTV only with the format hsf watch the video that I made ... on the other hand does not work for the live tv or the circle is still running.

Edited by bidikman

maegibbons

@maegibbons 

Its the same issue, I get the spinning wheel and it doesn't load. Ive Attached the windows server log. I've used the single modified m3u which is just the history channel

@@afmiller

Ok yours is a different issue to the other as it does not work under windows.

I have added a stream of yours to my m3u Tuner.

It did NOT play.

I then added "VLC media player" (without the quotes) to the "user agent" setting in the m3u tuner in Emby live tv setup and it works!!!

Try doing that.

Krs

Mark

Edited by maegibbons

afmiller

This is not the same issue as that other topic. In this case, we tried to open a connection with your iptv provider, and it returned a 401 unauthorized response code.  see in the log:

2018-08-01 16:41:30.358 Info HttpClient: Http response 401 from (redacted) ...

I believe the only failure on Emby's part is that it did not do a great job of informing you about it, rather it just stood there with a spinning circle and that's obviously not good.

I can even take your iptv url, stick it into a browser address bar, and then i get the same 401 response code back. I think you will want to discuss with your iptv provider about why this is happening.

Is there a good resource on how / what to actually adjust in regards to the http request header?

Edited by afmiller

maegibbons

I have just told you what to put in the post above yours!

Krs

Mark

afmiller

I have just told you what to put in the post above yours!

Krs

Mark

Lol yountotally did, missed that. Will enter the settings