Emby Server Crash - Windows

Cybergy

I had a look at the link you posted.  It's a bit vague on versions and "settings".  I assume for an android TV I should not be using Emby for android, but rather Emby for android tv.  

Also the send logs is not found under "settings" as the instructions link suggests.  I can be found in Emby>Options>App Settings>General Display>Debug.  I already had a send logs tile under Emby>Options however, which appears to be the same thing.  I may have posted my logs twice as a result.

Hi.  Does that mean you sent a log from the app..?  There were more instructions there if you did.

Cybergy

I saw the instructions, but the app didn't follow them.  I clicked, and it said something like "uploaded successfully."  I figured I was supposed to go find the post here and fill in the details.  Which seemed quite inefficient I must admit.

I'll have another look when I can but there was no opportunity to supply details at the point of uploading.

Hi.  No, you provide those details here in this forum.  It would be quite tedious to type all of that with your TV remote control :).

Cybergy

Right, forgive my noobishness.

I just uploaded a log now.

I rebooted the h96 android box

Opened Emby, logged in as rob, went to Live TV guide, clicked on a channel (CNN US) and pressed "tune to channel"

after the spinning wheel couldn't find tuner.  There may not be a tuner available.

Approx 6:57pm uploaded a log

This has been happening for days btw.  The box can play live tv in other apps.

Thanks.  Can we also see the server log that goes with that exact same timeframe?

It is timing out trying to get playback information for the stream.

Also, what is this device that the app is running on?

Cybergy

The device is an h96 modo android 7.1.1. Just got it.

I don’t have access to the server log until end of day.

Okay, I cannot see any response to the playback info call ever occurring...

Luke, any idea?

Cybergy

I uninstalled the app from the android box (h96) and reinstalled. It seems to be working now.

Probably unrelated but I also deleted my personal google account from the box and setup a new utility account before the uninstall reinstall.

Cybergy

Now that the android connection issue has disappeared, I thought I would try surfing through some channels to see how the Emby server beta has changed anything if at all.

I tuned to a channel through the live TV guide for about 5-10 seconds, then backed out to the epg and tried another channel. Did this about 5-6 times before getting the “there may not be a tuner available” error.

Same issue persists.

Edit; something else to mention in case it is relevant. The only other app I have running on the Emby server is windows media player. It is a dlna renderer/player for a backyard audio system and is set to “allow remote control of my player.”

embyserver.txt

ffmpeg-directstream-6b581803-2d66-4109-8f27-e80fb5404e64.txt

Edited by Cybergy

The ffmpeg log looks ok. We'll see what @@ebr thinks. Thanks.

Same thing is happening as before.  The server is never responding to the playbackInfo calls.

There are about 4 successful call/response patterns and then the last three attempts to get playbackInfo on a channel simply never respond.

His server log.  If you search for "/Playbackinfo" you will come across, I think, 4 POST/Response pairs and then three POSTs with no responses.

Cybergy

I gave it a try again tonight.  I powered off the server and the h96.  Changed the network cable on the server.  Restarted everything.  Started a stream in emby and this time after a few minutes it said "Too many errors.  Giving up".  

Cybergy

No live TV anymore via web app remote, local on server or h96.  Web apps just show spinning wheel when a channel is selected.

But I watched Emby recorded tv on the h96 last night.

Edited by Cybergy

Cybergy

I deleted the m3u tuner and epg sources and re-entered the urls in the dashboard.  Still no go when I try to play from the web player.

When I use the same urls in MyIPTV Player, the streams work fine.

I stopped the Emby server service and set to disabled.  Restarted the server and I am again able to connect via browser.  But the stream stops every few seconds.  Again, the same channel in MyIPTV Player streams perfectly.

Server resources (RAM, HDD space, etc) are all fine.

But the stream stops every few seconds.  

Did you try turning on the looping option?

Cybergy

I sent the m3u info to you Luke.

Looping turned back on - stream still stopping every few seconds.

So far I've got cnn playing for a few minutes now in Chrome with no problems.

I've added Ebr to the conversation so that he can test on android tv. thanks.

Cybergy

Direct link you mean?  Me too.  And MyIPTV Player works fine.

Was thinking, I do have VPN running on the server (PIA VPN) because of the recordings.  Could that be an issue?